Back at it. Week of Monday Dec.31st through Sun. Jan 6,2013

Options
Well ok peeps. We have rested long enough, well I have anyways. Most of you were still good and kept moving. I have to get back to it. Hope you all will join in with me for the weekly challenges. I have had a couple of good ideas sent to me so will use both of them

Monday: Arm swings. Get those arms up and swing them around in circles. Small circles then larger circles. Do frontwards and backwards.

Tues: Bring your arms behind you and then pull your arms in toward each other until your hands touch, hold for a second or 2, repeat.. Do this as many times as you can.

Wed:. Wood chops. Oh I love these so much. If you don't remember how to do them or if you are new with us and need to know, message me and I will tell you.

Thurs: Push ups, wall, floor, table, any kind. As many as you can

Friday: Grab some canned food and do lifting. Hold the cans with your hands face up out in front of you and curl those arms up to your shoulders. Hold the food in your hands out to sides, and curl up to your shoulders. Hold the food with arms out to the sides and raise your arms up and down.

Sat: Shadow boxing. yep boxing.

Sunday: hold arms out and squeeze your hands shut, hold, release. If you have one of those stress balls, use it.

Make it all fun, no matter what you do!

Replies

• Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    warmups_arm_swings.gif
    Did the arm swing tonight as tomorrow is gonna be a crazy day...
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks Californiagirl. I'm with you. Thanks for all the upper body and arm stuff, I really need it. Have a safe and Happy New Year.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I love this group! Great motivation!

Monday: arm swings -done
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Wow, Wooten3 good graphics. You must have used some calories doing the art work. LOL. I'm going to do all the arm things as i need is so badly.
    Happy New Year to all of you. May 2013 be a healthy year for you and your family.
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    warmups_arm_swings.gif

Are you using weights?
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    warmups_arm_swings.gif

Oh I love the pics of you doing them. Thanks for posting. Good girl.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Thanks Californiagirl. I'm with you. Thanks for all the upper body and arm stuff, I really need it. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Glad to have you back with me. Thanks for being here. Happy New Year to you too!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options

Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Glad to have you with us! Thanks for being here.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    @ IWTBFCINC: Nope, no weights...just funny looking hands
    @Suebdew: No graphics talent here...I grab the images off the web
    @Californiagir: Thxs for letting me know you like the images, quotes, etc. :)

I started painting the back wall today so the arm swings last night were a great warm up--LOL!
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Tues: Bring your arms behind you and then pull your arms in toward each other until your hands touch, hold for a second or 2, repeat.. Do this as many times as you can.

yoga5.png
    Being a biker…this one hurts so good!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options

yoga5.png
    Being a biker…this one hurts so good!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Done! I did this at the gym a few times this morning!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Wanda the pictures really help!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options

Tues: done
    Wed: wood chops done
    Thurs:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Glad to have you with us! Thanks for being here.

I did them all again and will add new one each day!
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Wed:. Wood chops. Oh I love these so much. If you don't remember how to do them or if you are new with us and need to know, message me and I will tell you.

wood.jpg
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Thxs for the positive feedback :smile:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    @Wooken

Thank you so much for the helping me out on here with the graphics. I love them! We are a great team!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Californiagirl,

I got a late start this week, but I'm all caught up now. I wanted to thank you for the Saturday, working with the hands. The arthritis in my hands started acting up earlier this week and your challenge reminded me that I have a special silly putty from the physical therapist for that very thing. I've pulled it out and started working with it last night. I hope to remember to use it several times a day. Also, I bought this hot wax spa, where you melt the wax and then put your hands in and put plastic bags over your hands and a mitt over that and let it sit until it cools. I'm going to use that today too; it feels wonderful. I bought that on the recommendation of the therapist, too.

Anyway, thanks, you are reminding me of all the things I'm "supposed to do", but don't.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Hi Californiagirl,

I got a late start this week, but I'm all caught up now. I wanted to thank you for the Saturday, working with the hands. The arthritis in my hands started acting up earlier this week and your challenge reminded me that I have a special silly putty from the physical therapist for that very thing. I've pulled it out and started working with it last night. I hope to remember to use it several times a day. Also, I bought this hot wax spa, where you melt the wax and then put your hands in and put plastic bags over your hands and a mitt over that and let it sit until it cools. I'm going to use that today too; it feels wonderful. I bought that on the recommendation of the therapist, too.

Anyway, thanks, you are reminding me of all the things I'm "supposed to do", but don't.

Awe you are so welcome. I have heard of the wax thing myself. let me know how it works. Some days my hands are bad, but luckily most of the time they are ok. The worse I have is when I had a pinched nerve in my neck years ago for 3 months. my right hand freezes now when it is cold.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    loadMedia.ashx?bookname=pten&filename=754a.gif
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    loadMedia.ashx?bookname=pten&filename=754a.gif

I just went to copy and post this and woola, there you are with it. Good job. thanks