Ready for week 1?? Whats the plan

Options
Hey all,

Hope you're all ready for week 1. I know i am, ive eaten nothing but crap over xmas, i havent had any alcohol but seemed to have made that up with food.

So ive been food shopping and my fridge looks back to its healthier self.

I am aiming for this week to drink 8 glasses of water a day - but what size glass do they mean when they say glass - are we talking pint glass? half a pint?

Replies

• bethanygraace
    Options
    Quickest way to figure out how much water to drink is to take your body weight, divide that number in half, and drink that many ounces.

So me = 170 lbs divided in half = 85 lbs = 85 ounces of water.
  • vikkiegreer
    Options
    Thats a good way to look at it, so mine works out to 5 pints a day !!!! wooooooooo thats going to be hard lol, not impossible just hard.
  • upagianthill
    Options
    I know a food portion of 3oz of fresh fruit is the size of a tennis ball, so if we all need to drink between 100-145oz, I'm just guesstimating that's around 8-10 pints. I think if you at least start out with that goal, then even if you don't drink that much water, you have something to strive for.
  • upagianthill
    Options
    During week one, I suggest we all chug as much water as we can, and also, if you can count your current calorie intake (or points or whatever system you're using).

Look for snacks that you can cut out (or substitute for lower calorie versions) and make sure you eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables. I'll post health tips on here as I find them, and if anyone wants to share workout tips (with the foobs or without them) that would be awesome!

The first time I used this program, I lost so much weight and was running C25K, and then the surgery kicked my butt.... so here I am, back again! Hope you all have a very successful and fulfilling week!
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've revised my weight loss goal and calorie intake a little bit.. I joined a DIEP reconstruction support group on Facebook and in learning from those ladies, all of them stressed to me how important it is that I NOT lose weight before my surgery. Several of them lost some weight and either had their DIEP canceled or delayed because they had to GAIN it all back before they could do it! It's a bit depressing to me because I'm so sick of being overweight and am really motivated to do it now, but it's just going to have to wait. There'll be time for hardcore work after surgery. So in the mean time I'm going to focus on losing maybe 5 more pounds, just so I can fit into my clothes a little more comfortably and leave it at that. Work on maintenance and making sure I don't ever get back to my lifetime highest weight - yuck!