Chat Thread =)

Options
2»

Replies

• AleciaF
    AleciaF Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have been gone forever but rediscovered this site. Glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all.

I was just looking at my profile and I see that my starting weight last year was 159. I didn't realize I was that high. I am down to 151 now. Kinda happy about that today!

:)
    Alecia
  • spring423
    Options
    I'm stealing a quote from the premier of Biggest Loser but in 2013 I'm on a "Me Mission" As a wife, mother, volunteer and employee I have never made me a priority. Having been through some serious health issues in the last year and a half I have realized if I don't take care of me who will. I am ready for change and that means making a healthier lifestyle for me and my family!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    well welcome back Alecia!! and it must be a great feeling to know that you had an awesome year away!!

Love the Me Mission spring... go get it!!
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    I signed up for my first half marathon!! Am I freak in crazy? Hell ya! =). I don't see myself doing any more than that, I can't fathom the idea of running for 26 miles.

It's one of my goals but I didn't have a time frame for it but I certainly do now! Aug. 10, 2013!!
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I signed up for my first half marathon!! Am I freak in crazy? Hell ya! =). I don't see myself doing any more than that, I can't fathom the idea of running for 26 miles.

It's one of my goals but I didn't have a time frame for it but I certainly do now! Aug. 10, 2013!!

YEP -- Crazy!!!!! ;-)

Did my first (and gonna be only) 1/2 marathon in September... Absolutely hated the training and the race about killed me.. My favorite distance is between 6 and 8 miles -- never going to go more than 9 miles (willingly) again...

I hope you have a much better experience!!!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    hey yall, happy Monday have an awsome week!:smile:
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    well I am hoping the same lisa!!! =/ could you elaborate on why you hated it? or maybe even why you thought it was a good idea to begin with if you hated the training?

same to you grdnr!! =)
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I didn't hate all the training -- just when it got over 10 miles.. There is a good chance I would feel differently if I had more time to train (I did complete the 12 or 14 week training plan) but my racewalking (bad knees can't run) months are pretty limited (roads don't clear until mid April at earliest). I think I needed more of the longer walks -- I'm in decent shape (8 mile is enjoyable and relatively "easy" for me) but only have 2 or 3 longer walks really did nothing for my fitness level. Probably also a good chance that I would feel differently if I wasn't so hard on myself about getting a certain time.
    The bottom line is -- I did it and even though I didn't get as fast of a time as I wanted I still did pretty darn good (especially considering I only started exercising one year before) and I'm proud of my accomplishment. I never could have did it 2 years ago -- and that says it all...
  • robiesjoy
    robiesjoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Robin. New to the group and 47. Goals are to get a move on and keep moving forward

I have also had an issue with vitamins. I've tried different times and depends on what I eat and if it is close to working out. I take my at lunch right after I eat and haven't had as many problems.

Love the quote about sweat being fat crying.:smile:
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    I didn't hate all the training -- just when it got over 10 miles.. There is a good chance I would feel differently if I had more time to train (I did complete the 12 or 14 week training plan) but my racewalking (bad knees can't run) months are pretty limited (roads don't clear until mid April at earliest). I think I needed more of the longer walks -- I'm in decent shape (8 mile is enjoyable and relatively "easy" for me) but only have 2 or 3 longer walks really did nothing for my fitness level. Probably also a good chance that I would feel differently if I wasn't so hard on myself about getting a certain time.
    The bottom line is -- I did it and even though I didn't get as fast of a time as I wanted I still did pretty darn good (especially considering I only started exercising one year before) and I'm proud of my accomplishment. I never could have did it 2 years ago -- and that says it all...

I am just looking to finish it and check it off my list! =)
    I do enoy running but may have a different attitude on it when its all done but I, like you, wouldn't have even have considered it a possibility 2 years ago either. I am starting to increase my distance now so I am doing it slowly over a few months as opposed to a few weeks. Much like this journey of health, slow and steady will finish the race!! =)
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    Anyone having any challenges with getting water everyday... I'm good for a couple days and then fall off.

What's your trick to consumption?
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    WhataBroad, same here I aim for the 8 a day I don't have any tricks. like you I do well then Its like wow only 3 glasses so far ?

I use a water bottle that holds 24 oz so I aim to refill it at least 3 times!
  • delor44
    Options
    I no longer strugle t get the water, but I definitely did in the past. I bought a HUGE glass - 64 oz. extra insulated - and filled it first thing in the morning. I could have two cups of coffee and NOTHING else (beerages only!) until the water was gone. At the time, I had a raging diet Coke addiction, so it was quite the motivator to drink all the water. Now, six years later, I drink barely drink any soda. Still have coffee in the am, then water all day long - sometimes add in a vitamin water. Ihe big glass trick worked really well for me.
  • WhataBroad
    Options
    hmmm... that sounds like a plan. I actually prefer my water at room temperature most of the time, so I think I will get a big bottle and have it sit on my desk right in front of me... I guess I still have to make myself drink it but at least this way, it'll be right at hand.
  • JennaG70
    JennaG70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz insulated tumbler with a lid and straw. I've found that I like my water icy cold with a bit of lemon, and I drink way more when using a straw than without one. I also keep it sitting within reach of my keyboard at work so I constantly see it. I refill it 4-5 times daily. :)
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Like many have posted, I keep a water bottle at the desk and drink it all day and refill several times during the day. I do struggle to get the water in on the weekends or when I'm not at my desk (in a training class or another building for meetings all day). Need to set myself up with the water bottle at home too to see if that helps.