New Years' Resolutions?

I know some people don't make them, and some people (like me) often have a hard time sticking to them. But I thought it might be fun to share them. I only really have two, since continuing to be healthier is a life resolution. :)

1. Lose at least another 30 lbs this next year.
2. Do c25k and complete at least one 5k.

What about the rest of you?

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    I'd like to do the multnomah falls/silver lake trail run this september(depends on my hubby's schedule) and I'd like to get to my goal of 130lbs. Oh, and have our home built and moved in by the end of summer.
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, but I do have a couple of goals:

I would like master Tai Chi. I have a DVD series and started it several months ago. My goal is to incorporate this into my workout plan. Due to medical issues, I cannot take any anti-inflammatory and Tai Chi is excellent for joint health. It is also an exercise that I can do for the rest of my life. It is like moving meditation.

I would like to first lose these last 13 pounds and then maintain the loss.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    I don't do New Years Resolutions either. For goals...I want to run at least one 5K and one 10K. I have never done either. I just completed the C25K training and I will start sometime next week on the C210K training. I will run a 5K closer to spring when the weather is nicer and probably by then be ready to run a 10K. Other than that....just continue eating right and exercising and be an inspiration to others, especially any women in their 60's. To show them they too can still have solid body's and good health....with hard work and commitment.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    There are a couple of things I need to focus on this year.
    First is to stay on the path of health and head towards more healthier weight.
    I started the C25K on the treadmill and find now that I have a lot of trouble with it latley, but I will continue, just maybe a lot slower than this program suggests! And in spring I really want to take my running out on the street and see how that will go (never was a runner before, lets stand one that might be able to run on a street!

I want to put more time for my writing, reading and meditation in my schedule.

And then there are some major changes coming along this year when my husband has finished his first schoolyear, where it might not be easy for us, because he needs to change jobs and that might not be as easy as he thinks!
    On top of that we really want a baby.

It is a little frightening, since I am someone who always likes to play safe when it comes to finances and stuff, but I also look really forward to all these changes, cause it means we make a big step into the future where at the and of the road my husband and I both want to be!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, but I do have a couple of goals:

I would like master Tai Chi. I have a DVD series and started it several months ago. My goal is to incorporate this into my workout plan. Due to medical issues, I cannot take any anti-inflammatory and Tai Chi is excellent for joint health. It is also an exercise that I can do for the rest of my life. It is like moving meditation.

I would like to first lose these last 13 pounds and then maintain the loss.

I have a lot of joint issues, I think I'll look into Tai Chi!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Seems like a lot of us are doing the running thing, good thing we'll have each other to lean on. I think we can accomplish a lot of these!