I want a drink so bad.

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
It's all I can think about right now. From the moment I woke up this morning. I need to shake this, but it's obsessing and taking over.

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I've had that overwhelming feeling before. I turned 21 in November, and it was extremely heard to keep my head on straight.

Call someone who understands. Find a meeting.

That's assuming you're in AA. But if you're not, then throw yourself into something else. Keep yourself as busy as you possibly can.

You CAN overcome this. I am absolutely sure of it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm so sorry I'm late getting to this, but I totally get the cravings. For me they were terrible. I ended up having to go to detox because I couldn't get through the worst of my cravings on my own. I agree with the idea of finding a sober friend. Truly all you need is one or two that are reliable. I thought I was going to hate AA meetings, but I did find one home group that I absolutely love and those people would be there at 3am for me if I needed them.

If you don't want to do that, just find away to get outside yourself. Take your kids to do something, volunteer, or even do something that puts you outside your comfort zone for a short time. You'll have to focus on that activity and for that time anyways you wont be focusing on the cravings.

And remember...you're not drinking these 60 seconds. You can worry about the next 60 seconds when them come. Its not ideal but it does get better! I promise!