My Journey :)

Options
usernamekelly1
usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
We'll I've done the diamond dozen and I was actually surprised when my HRM jumped from low 90s to the 120s when doing the ignition - I'm looking forward to doing my first proper dvd on Wednesday :) I loved the hulk it out - suppose it helps that I was brought up watching wrestling - although admittedly it's strange seeing DDP doing yoga :)

I got a picture of my bend also, which made me realise just how much my flexibility sucked, I knew it wasn't good but I thought it was better than the picture, I was really trying, so I hoping that I see some improvement, I am following the beginners program but intend to do the intermediate straight after.

Okay so my journey begins :)

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    Options
    So first official workout after doing the diamond dozen :)

Energy, I like the flow of this one and I certainly like the hulk it out parts, it surprised me how much I sweated in the 25 minutes - my favorite move was the canon ball to bridge near the end, now as I'm doing the beginner program I think the next four or five workouts are energy, so this will help me get the moves down :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yey! Another DDP-ite.

Like you, I can never believe how high my heart rate gets when I'm not doing an impact workout! (in fact on many occassions it is above my max... but I just relax some muscles and it seems to come back down).

I've been doing the program on/off for a few months, but as it is a new year my new aim is 3 - 5 sessions a week.

To date I have tried all the workouts except double black diamond.

Will check back to see how you are doing - but good luck!!

Steph

BANG
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Loving this program :)
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Had to put this on hold until my back gets better, but will be starting from week2 next week :)
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello. :). I'm planning to start this very soon, and I'm trying to decide which package to purchase. Any suggestions? Also, do you feel the heart monitor is essential?
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    I don't like wearing my HRM for this, as the strap tend to dig in same if I do insanity so I don't use it, so I'd say not essential but I'm also a newbie to this so some may disagree here!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    I actually have got the combo pack (pack 1 and 2) I would recommend starting at pack one as you learn the moves and how to do them properly in the diamond dozen dvd also energy is a good staring one for us newbies - so if your budget can allow go combo, if not I would say just pack one :)
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I'm afraid I would disagree with the heart rate monitor - I find it absolutely necessary. So much of DDP Yoga is making sure you're working hard enough, but not too hard (I always call it the goldilocks range, hehe) and without the heart rate monitor you have no idea.

If you've got to a heart rate check zone and your heart rate isn't high enough you know you're not doing it properly!
  • Loralea43
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll go for the combo and pick up a heart monitor locally. Any suggestions on the brand/type would be welcome!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I just have a polar HRM - nothing fancy, doesn't even count calories as I don't like to know how much I'm burning :)

Picked it up super cheap on amazon, but I do think the DDP one looks pretty good, and I am considering upgrading to that one at some point in the future
  • Loralea43
    Options
    My husband also recommended a Polar so I ordered one yesterday. And I ordered the combo package fromDDP. Both should be here next week in time for my birthday! Can't wait to get started. ;)
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    Okay starting this over and will use my HRM all the time with it :)
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    I have the polar 4. It works great! Hope you all are doing well!
  • Crystal7Forza
    Options
    I start this today and I am so excited!!! I am doing this with my step mom that has had amazing results with this program. Can't WAIT!!!!!
    Excited to read the other post from other users.
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am now a DDP addict I love it I finished all of the first 13 week plan and I am now starting on the intemedite 13 week . I am down 80 lbs since I started my life change. I have done DDP yoga since December and I am still going strong,
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I am now a DDP addict I love it I finished all of the first 13 week plan and I am now starting on the intemedite 13 week . I am down 80 lbs since I started my life change. I have done DDP yoga since December and I am still going strong,

Yeeeesh - 80lbs is an amazing achievement! I'm glad you're enjoying your DDP yoga - it truly does feel wonderful!!

Great job on moving up to the intermediate plan. I hope you continue to enjoy it :)