W4D2 done... and a 5K this Saturday!

Options
MonsterToBe
MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
So I closed out the year with W4D2, will do D3 on Wednesday or Thursday (whichever day I don't go to Zumba), and I'm going to do W5D1 during a 5K on Saturday and then finish it out with however much running/walking feels good. I'm used to the distance, since I do that with my regular C25K runs and they end up being about 3.6 miles. I'm excited to get out there and run (slash walk) with other people!

Replies

• pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just did my first 5km fun race last night omg what a blast
    enjoy your run its such a great experiance
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have a great time! We're at about the same place in the program. I was just looking at races last night. I think it's time to sign up for one!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Have fun!

I did my first 5k in week 4 and my second in week 8. I just finished W9D3 this past weekend. I am ready for my next 5k.
    I also started the 5k to 10k program. I think I'll get a few weeks into it and do a few more 5k's before I go looking for 10k races to conquer.

Good luck!!
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well, that was fun! Especially since I was using Zombies, Run! and I imagined all the people outpacing me were fleeing for their lives too. lol

My time was 48:16 -- honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. I had been sure I'd come in dead last, but there was one person slower than me! Looking over the results, I discovered that the oldest person to beat the pants off me was 79! Gives me hope! After I finish C25K, I'll start working on speed. My goal is to whittle the time down to 30, give or take 5 min.

I was a little disappointed though, because my regular running route has a lot of hills, including two very steep ones (after a run, my Fitbit tells me I've climbed 17 flights of stairs), and the race was relatively flat (only 7 flights). I did think I'd be faster than at home, but I'd had one of THOSE nights and had only gotten 3 hours of sleep. I really felt it during the race. I think I'll do W5D2 at the gym on the indoor track because I was really looking forward to seeing what my time would be without the hills! Especially since while the hills are killing me I'm constantly telling myself that running the hills will make me a better runner on the flat. Ah, well. Onward and upward!