2013 Goals/Resolutions

Options
WhiteCloud9
WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
Yay, I get to be the first one to post about the New Year!

So how did you all survive the holidays? Are you ready to get back on the wagon?

I survived the holidays but my waist line didn't. Most of the holidays were enjoyable but I'm still struggling with the whole blended family thing. It was better this year than last year, and last year was better than the year before that, so things are looking up. I know it takes time for everyone to feel like a family but it's hard to be patient sometimes.

2012 wasn't a bad year. My biggest accomplishment was paying off our credit cards so now we have a little debt left to pay off next year. I don't feel like 2012 was the best year for accomplishing much in the way of my health and fitness, other than learning that it feels awesome to eat right and exercise. I guess learning that lesson is a darn big accomplishment in itself. 2013 is going to bring it's own challenges. My military fitness test is in April, my stepson graduates high school in Alaska in May, and we may be having a wedding in September for my stepdaughter (he is planning on proposing by the end of January!)

I set goals for 2013 instead of resolutions because goals are more specific. Resolutions are usually vague and it's hard to accomplish them. I have a list of goals for every aspect of my life but I would bore you all to tears if I were to list them here. So I'll just let you read my fitness and health goals. I wrote a blog about them, and a little review about 2012 here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WhiteCloud9/view/2012-reflections-and-2013-goals-461368

I would love to read about each of your goals and what you are looking forward in the new year. Also, I hope we can get the weekly chat thing going again!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I guess my first health goal for the year is to lose the next 8kg. I have broken up my weight loss goals into 3 chunks of 8Kg each, the first I've lost and have been able to maintain since August last year (with small fluctuations), now for the next 8kg. I'm hoping to lose it before March, and then see where it takes me next.
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I survived but did fall off the wagon. I didn't exercise regurlarly for 2 to 3 weeks. I had one or two sessions in that time but mostly just stayed at home with the family. I ended up gaining 5 or 6 lbs that I'm trying to work off again. I've got 4 of them gone since last Wednesda (yay!) but it's difficult getting back into the rythm.

My weight loss goals for 2013??? I didn't make any other than what I had for 2012. I would like to be under 220 by my birthday in August, which I think it completely possible, but as long as the weight continues to come off I'll be happy...or other signs, like my clothing sizes reducing.

Here's hoping that everyone else had a great holiday and are ready to kick it up a notch this year!
  • pjunge11
    Options
    I used to be super-healthy and fit, I even won a flat-stomach contest with my skinny (in my mind) roommates a few years ago! What happened? I don't know. I think my body or horomones changed and one day I just started gaining weight and couldn't get it off. It wasn't much, I was still trim.
    In 2011 I start grad school and it all went down hill...then this summer I briefly went on a medicine that killed my metabolism. I went from a slight uncomfortable 128-139 to 143 - yikes!

I had health issues to deal with first, but now I ready to get back to wear I was: fit and trim! I kind of overdid it during the holidays but I'm done with that now. I'm fixing my diet but still staring at the treadmill, afraid of it.
    I used to be a pretty decent runner, now I can get out of breath jogging up the block with my dog. It's a like a defeat before I begin. I know I need to get past it and start over, square one and work my back.

Anyone have issues getting over the fear and starting?
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to be super-healthy and fit, I even won a flat-stomach contest with my skinny (in my mind) roommates a few years ago! What happened? I don't know. I think my body or horomones changed and one day I just started gaining weight and couldn't get it off. It wasn't much, I was still trim.
    In 2011 I start grad school and it all went down hill...then this summer I briefly went on a medicine that killed my metabolism. I went from a slight uncomfortable 128-139 to 143 - yikes!

I had health issues to deal with first, but now I ready to get back to wear I was: fit and trim! I kind of overdid it during the holidays but I'm done with that now. I'm fixing my diet but still staring at the treadmill, afraid of it.
    I used to be a pretty decent runner, now I can get out of breath jogging up the block with my dog. It's a like a defeat before I begin. I know I need to get past it and start over, square one and work my back.

Anyone have issues getting over the fear and starting?

To answer your last question: Yes, I do have fear of starting again, or something new. I would suggest using the Couch to 5k program to get back into running. It definitely helps me to have a structured plan of running instead of trying to run and maybe wearing myself out and hating it more. I wish I had a treadmill at home so I could just plug in a DVD and walk on it. I get bored on the treadmill at the gym because it's too hard for me to read the captions on the TV when I'm running.

Add me as a friend if you would like! I could use the motivation for running because it's not something that I particularly enjoy but I have to do it.