no longer pre diabetic and maintaining.

Options
luv2ash
luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
I just want to say that before my weight loss journey I had all the signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes and was diagnosed with pre diabetes. I also had high blood pressure. Now that I have lost over 100 lbs, I no longer have the pre diabetes, my BP is normal, and my knees even feel better.

It is absolutely amazing what weight loss can do. Sure I've tried to lose weight in the past, but never for the right reasons. This time I concentrated on creating health and not just that number on the scale. Its been a world of difference for me.

I also started my journey with a very strong WHY---i wrote down in my journal WHY I wanted to lose weight. Not just to get healthy, but there were many "little" things that bugged me about being overweight. I had to put it all on the table and put it in writing. I read that nearly every day as a motivator.

I now think of food as fuel and don't live to eat :)

I know each and every one of you can do the same -- be strong!

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go.

I like to attention that you put on the mental aspect of weight loss - the reasons "why". I think this is super critical for staying focused and staying motivated.

One of my "why" reasons is to be healthy and fit as long as possible so that I can enjoy the time with my active grand children.

Congratulations on your success.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It;s kinda nice what happens to you when you lose 100 lbs, isn't it?
  • emmi49
    emmi49 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats to you. I admire people who can do what you did! Did you have knee problems before you started? I had knee surgery last year and have some pain yet, probably should go back and have checked but I am thinking it may be arthritis too.
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOW!.. Good on you!.. I'm just wondering how long it took you to loose that much wait? I hope you don't mind me asking... Again AMAZING!!!.. Well Done...
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done.