Best Clean Eating Snacks?

Options
mslisatm
mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
I do well eating my my prepared meals clean...but what about snacks? I am trying to lose the fat so I ought not to reach for a chunk of cheddar cheese or nuts all the time! What are some easy clean filling snacks you like? I am addicted to spiced roasted chickpeas! They are delicious and I can eat as much as I want and they have hardly any calories and fill me up! They take some prep however. Thanks!

Replies

• Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My goto treat is fresh berries with greek yogurt. I also take fresh fruit and veggies to snack on at work.
  • Lucky_078
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is my fave. And fresh fruit, carrots, and celery. Homemade granola. Lara bars are the one granola bar approved by the 100daysofrealfood blogger as being all natural but I haven't tried them
  • Lucky_078
    Options
    Oh and Triscuits have only 3 ingredients: wheat, oil and salt. If you're not gluten-free.
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do Paleo Granola (I'm GF), Apples with nut butter, celery with nutbutter, carrots with Paleo ranch(it's CF), or Apples heated with a little local honey(YUMMY)
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    cant go wrong with a 1/4th cup of nuts. or sometimes ill do a serving of ritz crackers, its only 5 crackers but 80 cals. salty and buttery to take the edge off
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This is a neat recipe I found from a local page on facebook that posted this recipe:

Bleu Cheese & Yogurt Cucumber Bites with Cranberries

http://fullbellysisters.blogspot.ca/2013/01/bleu-cheese-yogurt-cucumber-bites-w.html

NEWbleu1_zpscc89e356.jpg

My cucumber was pretty enormous. I used less than half of it to get the 16 slices I used for this dish. I just made these for myself as part of my post-workout lunch; if you're making these for a crowd, it's easy to make larger amounts. I cut them on a slight diagonal for more surface area on which to put the topping.

Ingredients
    yield: 16 bites

English (seedless) cucumber, cut into sixteen slices, about 1/4" thick
    1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
    1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 large scallion, chopped (reserve some of the chopped greens to top the bites)
    1-2 tsp. dried cranberries, minced
    freshly-ground salt and pepper, to taste

In a small bowl stir together the yogurt, cheese and scallions, adding salt and pepper to taste. You can make this yogurt-cheese mixture the day before; it's not necessary but it actually gives the flavors a change to meld well.

Arrange the cucumber slices on a large plate or platter. Top each slice with a small dollop of the yogurt-cheese mixture. Then sprinkle the reserved, chopped scallion greens and the minced cranberries over all the bites.

The whole platter is less than 250 calories, so whether you're eating it yourself or sharing with friends, you can really dig in!

NEWbleu2_zpsc8a31c72.jpg
  • ktstubb
    ktstubb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies are really easy to keep in a baggie and grab when you want to snack. You can roast pretty much any vegetable at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until they start to brown. I also love yogurt and cottage cheese with dried fruit (without added sugar). If you're craving something, but don't have access to clean eats, I would suggest drinking some green tea. Larabars are easy to carry around in your purse and all of them are absolutely delicious.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Greek yogourt (plain or not, depending on my mood), with nuts/fruits, cheese, nuts...
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Roasted Kale Chips - couple of bunches of Kale, tear leaves off, throw away stems. drizzle with olive oil, and season to your tastes (I use onion powder, curry, seasoning salt). roast in oven at 250 for 40 minutes, turning 1/2 way. these are an awesome nutricious snack!!
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try this recipe for my friday night social (Bleu Cheese & Yogurt Cucumber Bites with Cranberries
    )
  • TheTightBodyCoach
    Options
    I snack on apples or asian pears dipped in various nut butters. Celery or carrots with hummus is yummy too. My emergency snack is an Ardyss healthy chocolate chip brownie. I carry a couple with me for times when I'm in a meeting or miss a meal because I have back to back clients. The brownie has 4 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Only 100 calories and it curbs the appetite and fills you up because of the fiber. A healthy way to squelch those chocolate cravings. :smile:
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sliced up strawberries are my fav.
  • Angiemo3
    Angiemo3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack....banana cut in half with 1 Tbls. of Smucker's natural peanut butter spread on it. OMG how am I going to keep from eating too many?
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I keep sliced peppers, cucumbers, spiralized carrots and cherry tomatoes on the top shelf in my refridgerator to grab and snack on, especially great dipped in hummus. Also, sliced apples and raw almond butter. Another recent go to snack is Nancy's Probiotic Greek Yogurt, sweetened with stevia and with a little raw granola, nuts or fruit. I just learned to blend my greek yogurt with a little fresh squeezed orange juice, almost like a high protein pudding!
  • smacom
    smacom Posts: 1
    Options
    A mixture of sugar free bread and butter pickles and hot or medium banana peppers. Best if they meld together overnite. Sounds weird but it will satisfy a hunger craving and it will be guilt free.
  • beautifullyhumantp
    Options
    I like mug cake. 2tbsp of wheat flour ( i use oat or coconut) 1bsp of chocolate whey protein, 1tsp of unsweetened cocoa, 1/2tsp baking powder, 1tsp of ground flax meal, raw stevia packet and a tbsp of almond milk, and 2 egg whites. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mug then add the wet ingredients and mix well. place in microwave for 2-3min. I top with almond butter or pb2 mix. low carb w/protein and fiber...guilt free!
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im really loving protein smoothies at the moment, and they are surprisingly filling due to the protein and fruit.

My favourite at the moment is

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein powder (the one I have at the moment is BSC for Women - Swisse Chocolate)
    4 strawberries
    50g Frozen Raspberries
    250ml Water
    1/2 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter.

It comes in at about 194 cals.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just new to clean eating is cottage cheese, and tinned tuna considered clean?
  • YumYumQueen
    YumYumQueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this powdered peanut butter stuff - it's only got 45 calories, is a little bit sweet (from coconut sugar), and is a great craving buster. I just mix it up and eat it - soooo good!