Introduce Yourself-You Totally Terrific Turbo Jammer You!

Options
PeloMichelle
PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
Hi All,

I'm a Mom to two boys, a middle schooler and a college senior. I live in Virginia, in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, about an hour outside of Washington, DC. I'm truly blessed to be happily married. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my entire life. I'm 45 and really thinking about what my health will look like 5, 10 or more years from now if I don't get a handle on...gulp....obesity. (there I said it...:embarassed: ) I've been blessed with good health thus far but know I'm playing Russian Roulette.

I'm so looking forward to meeting you and encouraging each other along as we work towards our fitness goals! We got this.....:smile:

Michelle

Replies

• mapjmp1
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mom to 2 pitbulls who are full of life and keep me on the move. I have been married for 11 years and loving every minute of it. This year has been filled with many changes. In March we took over running the familys hardware store. I never knew what kind of stress would come with being owners. two years ago I lost over 50 lbs but as this year came to an end I relized I have packed on the pounds again.. Gotta love STRESS!
    I have given up smoking and ready to get tackle this weight loss head on :)
    Good luck
  • browngirl66
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am married with no children and have been striving towards losing weight it seems my entire life! There have been times when I have been successful and able to maintain the weight loss; but whenever there is a difficult period in my life that requires change, it seems that I gain weight! So, as I am in my early 40's, I am determined to lose the weight once and for all through healthy eating and exercising and making better choices about the foods I eat!
    Looking forward to motivating and supporting each of you on this journey!:happy:
  • tntmom17
    tntmom17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi. I am married with 2 children, and I am looking to get back to a healthy weight. I am looking forward to the accountability and friendship while getting this extra poundage off.
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mom to 2 pitbulls who are full of life and keep me on the move. I have been married for 11 years and loving every minute of it. This year has been filled with many changes. In March we took over running the familys hardware store. I never knew what kind of stress would come with being owners. two years ago I lost over 50 lbs but as this year came to an end I relized I have packed on the pounds again.. Gotta love STRESS!
    I have given up smoking and ready to get tackle this weight loss head on :)
    Good luck

Owning your own business is incredibly challenging-kudos to you! I too lost 50 lbs a few years ago and had just quit smoking prior to tackling my weight loss....so I feel ya'!!! We can SO do this!! Looking forward to losing with you! :bigsmile:
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am married with no children and have been striving towards losing weight it seems my entire life! There have been times when I have been successful and able to maintain the weight loss; but whenever there is a difficult period in my life that requires change, it seems that I gain weight! So, as I am in my early 40's, I am determined to lose the weight once and for all through healthy eating and exercising and making better choices about the foods I eat!
    Looking forward to motivating and supporting each of you on this journey!:happy:

I so feel ya' on the gaining weight during challenging times and being ready to tackle it full on in our 40's. So looking forward to working out with you!!
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    hi. I am married with 2 children, and I am looking to get back to a healthy weight. I am looking forward to the accountability and friendship while getting this extra poundage off.

Hi there!! Looking accountability and friendship in our group too. We'll do this together....I just know it!! :happy:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen. I am 44, married with two children - my son is 15 and a 9th grader and my daughter is 11 and a 6th grader. I teach 5th grade. Teaching is very stressful. With my son's before and after school schedule and my long work hours I've found it extremely hard to work out. Last school year I did Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire. I'm looking forward to getting back to exercising. It's so good for my stress levels.
  • Mom2mdv
    Mom2mdv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I am excited that this is going to be my year to get the weight off!!! I am married and I have 2 children - ages 9 & 6. I work full time and enjoy spending all my free time with my family. I know that I need to get healthy for myself and for them. I love to play volleyball - usually play from April till October - the winter is my down time and a perfect time to Turbo Jam with all of you:). I will be doing the advanced schedule starting tomorrow. Will be nice to talk with all of you about the ups and downs. Thanks for starting the group and I look forward to chatting soon!!!!:smile:
  • nicew0
    nicew0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 48, mom to a 5th and 7th grader, wife to a brilliant but absent minded architect/professor. I also work as technology director at a middle/high school.

I definitely feel my best when I'm moving/exercising, and I lost 15 pounds a few years ago doing just that and Weight Watchers. When WW changed their program it stopped working for me and eventually I stopped working ON me. Gained the weight back pretty quickly. I'm determined to take care of myself even when keeping up a routine of healthy eating, good sleeping and regular exercise can be challenging.

So looking forward to Turbo Jamming with you all!
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 38 (will be 39 on the 13th!), divorced and mother of one amazing 12 year old son. I'm new to Turbo Jam, but I just previewed it on YouTube and I think I'll like it! So I'm looking forward to jamming with you all and getting this weight off!
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    Hi Karen, tlatrice13, nicew0 and mom2mdv

Hope your day was terrific. Sounds like we have a bunch of busy women Jammin' :bigsmile:

Karen did you ever develop lower back pain with ChaLEAN? I'm mid way through and I'm wondering if that's what's doing it or Turbo Jam (maybe I'm twisting too much). Any feedback would be great!

nicew0-I know we're going to be successful together! I'm with you on feeling better being one of my main motivators.

Mom2mdv-Have you done the advanced schedule before? I'm contemplating that or the 10 day kick start. Anyone have any experience with the kick start?

tlatrice13-so glad to be Jammin' with you too :) I think you're going to LOVE it!!
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Monica. I am 27, married, without kiddos, but have struggled with my weight all my life. I love turbo jam and have been doing it on and off since 2008 or so. I work full time as a public relations officer for a community college in South Texas, so my days are long, but I need to quit making excuses and get healthy. I also have a diy/lifestyle blog over at www.monicawantsit.com

As vain as a gal can be, I am doing this because I am tired of being tired. My lower back hurts a lot, and I think it's crazy to feel like this in my late 20's. I am looking forward to supporting one another and getting fit one workout at a time. :)
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    Hi, I am Monica. I am 27, married, without kiddos, but have struggled with my weight all my life. I love turbo jam and have been doing it on and off since 2008 or so. I work full time as a public relations officer for a community college in South Texas, so my days are long, but I need to quit making excuses and get healthy. I also have a diy/lifestyle blog over at www.monicawantsit.com

As vain as a gal can be, I am doing this because I am tired of being tired. My lower back hurts a lot, and I think it's crazy to feel like this in my late 20's. I am looking forward to supporting one another and getting fit one workout at a time. :)

Hey Monica!

So glad we're doing the 4 week challenge together! We've got this :bigsmile:

I'm having some lower back pain too and can't wait to feel healthy and confident again! Can't wait to check out your blog!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Karen did you ever develop lower back pain with ChaLEAN? I'm mid way through and I'm wondering if that's what's doing it or Turbo Jam (maybe I'm twisting too much). Any feedback would be great!

No, I didn't have any back pain. Is it general back pain or do certain moves hurt? How long have you been working out? Could it be that your back muscles needs to be strengthened?
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Howdy everybody.

My name is Mary. I am 30, married to my HS sweetheart, and together we have 3 beautiful munchkins ages 7, 5, and 1. We have a 4 yr old pit, 8 mo old yellow tabby, and a Jack Dempsy fish. We live along the Gulf Coast of TX.

I have struggled with weight most of my life. I can remember drs telling my mom I was overweight in jr high/ high school. I really struggled with weight after having my 1st 2 kiddos. I got up around 205-210. Began to experience bad back pain and stomach issues. Long story short, I was told to get the weight off. So I found Turbo Jam and 5 years later, mixed with some Zumba, I have lost 82 lbs. Now I am maintaining and trying to tone this stubborn baby belly.

I stepped up from Turbo Jam to TurboFire (currently in week 5). It is no longer about losing weight for me. I want to be healthy, sculpted, and see what my body can do. I never imagined doing something as hard as TurboFire. I used to avoid activity that would make me winded. However, I did miss Turbo Jam. So as of Jan 1st I am adding Turbo Jam to the TurboFire schedule. I did not realize Chalene had more Turbo Jam videos out. So I am currently exploring those. I found 3T and love, love, love it. I have to say... I love Chalene Johnson's programs.
  • goomlo
    goomlo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Mandi, 33 years old, married, no kids, but I have furbabies. I'm a financial aid counselor at a community college. I wanted to get healthier and lose some pounds. I've tried TJ before with my good friend Monica (the one posting a few posts up) when we worked together at the same college. I'm starting out with the easy rotation (as I call it) so I can get back into the game!

GO TEAM! (or go group!)
  • PeloMichelle
    Options
    Hey Mary and Mandi! So glad you've joined the TJ group! :flowerforyou:

Mary congratulations on your fantastic weight loss and for keeping it off !! I'm so excited that you're doing Turbo Fire and loving it! Welcome!!

Mandi so glad you're here and way fun that you and Monica know each other! It's so much more fun to work out with friends. Welcome!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Wow! I finally found a current/new Turbo group! Thanks for starting this, y'all.

I am the Senior in the group so far, I think -- 51 yrs. old. I have not done Turbo Jam for any consecutive length of time, but I do have the DVDs and want so much to do this as part of a group. I love going to classes and used to be a Nationally Certified Aerobics Instructor.... but now? Another matter. Overweight, out of shape & a lot older.

I decided to dig out my TJ dvds and search for a group. I haven't done much exercise in the last couple months and will start back very slowly. I have been sick since Sunday and am hoping that tonight I will be fever free. If so, I will begin the Beginner Schedule, tomorrow.

Oh, I have a daughter and son who are both in college. I also have a 6 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog.

Linda
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 39-year-old (though I say 35 to everyone lol) single mom of 1. I just got engaged to my fiance Christmas 2012, and my son and I moved in with him and his twin kiddos (one boy, one girl) who are in the same grade as my son, so its almost like having triplets, lol. They keep me on my toes!!!! We also have 3 furbabies, a pug and 2 cats. I work midnights, so with trying to make time to spend with my fella, and the 3 kids in sports/band/chours, its a pretty busy household, but that is NO LONGER my excuse to not find the time to exercise! I bought the first original set of Turbo Jam as an early Christmas present to myself because my weight has ballooned and I'm not comfortable in my own skin anymore, I love fashion but I can't wear anything I love because it doesn't look good on me, and the absolute kick-my-butt-into-action reason is that I have been feeling extremely tired and constant headaches, found out my blood pressure was super high (165/98) and so the doc wanted to put me on medication right on the spot, I begged him to let me try to get it down with weight loss and he said after 4-6 weeks if there is not a significant improvement, I have to get on medication.

So, that is what brought me here and to MFP!! I started doing week 1 of the beginner schedule day after Christmas, so my first full week I only did 2 days of learn and burn and 1 day of 20 min. workout then rested for 2 days, then started the following Monday with week 2 of TJ beginner schedule. I officially finished week 3 and am loving it so far!!

I've set some goals for myself! My ultimate goal is health only related... to reduce my BP to a normal level. I don't know how long it will take, but that is my ultimate goal! My second goal is a minimum weight loss of 40 pounds by my 40th birthday which is Halloween 2013. That is all the goals I've set so far because I don't know what "number" to put on weight loss for me, but I just want to be healthier and feel comfortable in my skin again! :)

I can't wait to get to know everyone on here and see where this road takes me! Good luck to everyone!

Diana
  • kelcity
    kelcity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this group. I'm an almost 30 year old elementary school teacher from Central Virginia. I have always struggled with my weight. It's time to get this under control! A couple years ago I was diagnosed wih PCOS and was my heaviest weight of 320 pounds. I joined WW and lost 30 pounds. Then it stopped working for me. I gave up WW, but luckily I've been able to maintain the initial weight loss (give or take a few pounds). It's a new year, my age is moving into a new decade, and now is the time to start taking care of myself again. I don't like exercising, but I think Turbo Jam is fun! It definitely challenges me, and I'm hoping to stick with it.