January, Goals, Check in

Options
2»

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst in here late, too, but I only just found this group...

I think you've all got sensible goals - are they going well?

I started a new job on the 10th, and it's having quite an effect on my life - getting up early, set mealtimes, etc. So far, I've just been getting into the new routine so I can figure out how my social/exercise schedule can fit around it. Unfortunately, I now work 3 weekends out of 4.

So, goals for (the rest of) January:

No more eating dinner after 8 pm.
    Make lunch my main meal.
    More vegetables - I need to finally harvest my last few carrots and the salad, but I never seem to get around to it.
    Get up to the barn at least once per week after work - I don't need motivation on days off, but the prospect of the cold, dark, muddy outdoor arena is a little depressing.
    And finally, start running again!
  • setemupjohn
    setemupjohn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ToBeCountry! I started because I look like a pile of rolls in the saddle. A friend and I started on Jan 10th and hope to both lose 15lb by the end of our contract March 31.

I started at 197.4 and we weigh in every Thursday.

We hope to lose 1.5lb a week.

I plan riding 2-3 times a week but my horse had a freak accident and tore a 12 inch hole in his side behind where my leg would sit. Instead I was hand walking 40 minutes a day but now he is out again and I should be able to bareback.

In the long run I would like to dropped down to 160 by July.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Hope your horse is ok again soon.