first days are always the easiest, so I
need to just stay focused.
How is everyone else doing on their
calories and turbo jam workouts?

Replies

• PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks momwasix for starting the thread! Sounds like you had a great calorie burn! I did Cardio Party 2 today. I'm also in the middle (day 45) of ChaLEAN Extreme. My lower back is hurting, thinking I might be lifting too heavy?? Anyway, might just transition to all TJ for a while. I'm so thankful that the holidays are officially ending tomorrow. I need a routine back in my diet.

You have a fabulous weight loss, have you been doing TJ the whole time? How have you done it?
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I thought it'd be fun to start a weekly
    thread for us to post our workouts, any
    successes, struggles, etc. so we can all
    support one another. :)
    I did the burn part of learn and burn plus
    I added on the 20 minute workout for a
    total of 36 minutes of exercise and 320
    calories burned. Honestly, I was kind of
    dreading the workout after being inactive
    for awhile, but I felt amazing once I was
    done. I'm looking forward to working out
    tomorrow.
    I did fairly well on calories today, and I
    hope to keep the momentum going. The
    first days are always the easiest, so I
    need to just stay focused.
    How is everyone else doing on their
    calories and turbo jam workouts?

That is my post from the other group that was deleted... I'm a little confused as to what's going on here...
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Monica,

Sorry about that. Momwasix and I both were getting Turbo groups going and decided to merge them to have a cohesive group. Everyone from the other group should be transitioned over to this group. Sorry, it was confusing. So glad you're here!!

Glad to hear that your workout was awesome! Are you going by any particular TJ schedule? I posted a couple of TJ rotations on the message board. I'm going to head to the dungeon and get in a cardio party tonight. I did well eating until dinner.....both kids are still home from school and we still have junk in the house. My youngest had teeth extracted and orthodontic work so there's a motherload of ice cream in my house...my downfall.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    Options
    Oohh! Ok, cool, glad we are all in one place now. :)

Ice cream is my down fall too... So tasty no matter what the weather is like.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    Options
    Ok, today I did day 2, and I felt a lot better about it than I did yesterday. I was a bit sore today, but I honestly feel less sore after working out. Kind of odd how that works, right? I bought some weighted gloves at Marshall's today, so I feel my arms got an intense workout compared to yesterday. I didn't think that some 1 lb. gloves would make a huge difference... boy was I wrong!
  • tntmom17
    tntmom17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got cardio party done tonite. it definitely made me sweat!
  • jkolcz80
    jkolcz80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since I'm totally new to turbo jam I'm just going to follow the advanced schedule for now. It's weird because I feel like I'm working muscles I didn't even know I had! The sides of my lower back are a little sore right now and I didn't even realize I was working them!
  • vmaizenberg
    Options
    I've started Turbo Fire few days ago. If you think you're sore now, wait until you move to Turbo Fire! :) Turbo Jam will feel like a Vienese Waltz. Thanks God there is an Advil to let me sleep at night!
    Even my dry-weave shirt was soaked and I just started. It shifts exercise into entirely new gear! I just hope that I have enough determination and will power to move ahead with it
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am following the TurboFire schedule and adding in Turbo Jam workouts.

Thu, Jan 3- Fire 55
    Fri, Jan4- Fire 30 & Tone 30
    Sat, Jan 5- Fire 45/ TJ 20 Minute
    Sun, Jan 6- Core 20/ TJ Ab Jam & 3T

I am happy to be getting back to my regular eating rather than all the holiday junk. I am doing well with calories but I am trying to maintain current weight while toning. I started maintaining in Dec (bad idea). So I am currently testing my calorie intake to see if it will work to maintain or if I need to increase calories. I splurged way more than usual in Dec and only gained 1 lb. So I am not sure where I will be with my calories.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    Options
    Last night I did cardio party, so that makes 3 consecutive days of turbo jam for me. Honestly, I feel an extra pep in my step, but I am also kinda sore. And I think working out from 7-8 pm is making it harder to fall asleep when I head to bed at 10. I either need to workout before dinner or in the morning. A woman's gotta sleep!

Any of you have trouble sleeping if you exercise in the evening?