Diets and Questions

Here is a forum to explain how your diet or food intake looks like. It is also a place of questions. Feel free to ask anything about diets and food in general. The people of this group is here to help you learn which foods are good foods and what foods are bad foods.

Replies

• I am trying to figure out the best way to track my food daily and to balance my ratio of carbs:protein:fat. I love the pie chart with the percentages. What I am trying to do this week is plan at least a day in advance what I am going to eat and then go from there. Thinking about what I am going to eat ahead of time makes the day so much easier. This will also allow me to pack up the food I need to have whenever I leave home, so that I don't end up eating anything that I can't afford.

My question is, will I lose weight with this app if I am using all of my calories each day? I am not looking for quick weight loss. I want to gradually get down to my goal weight within the next year, which represents at least a 30 lb. weight loss. Then I am going to work even harder to get down to my recommended weight according to the charts doctors used to determine if you are overweight or obese.
  • Sruthbrooks,

I'd recommend reading this article on reddit to better understand the fitness aspect of your plan http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/Fitness/

As for your diet plan, If you want to lose fat, a useful guideline for lowering your calorie intake is to reduce your calories by at least 500, but not more than 1000 below your maintenance level. For people with only a small amount of weight to lose, 1000 calories will be too much of a deficit. As a guide to minimum calorie intake, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that calorie levels never drop below 1200 calories per day for women or 1800 calories per day for men. Even these calorie levels are quite low.
    (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php)