Fast Food Be Gone! - Conversation Thread - 2013

Options

Replies

• totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Since I don't eat too much fast food but have more of a problem with junk food, can I count the junk food as my fast food? I started a junk food challenge but haven't had much success with followers, so I think I'll jump on here. Thanks for the invite!

Here's what February looks like so far for me:

Me: 2
    FF/JF: 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,380 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Since I don't eat too much fast food but have more of a problem with junk food, can I count the junk food as my fast food? I started a junk food challenge but haven't had much success with followers, so I think I'll jump on here. Thanks for the invite!

Welcome to the group!! Technically FF is JF, right? :wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    February tracking

Mollie - 2
    FF - 0

February goal is to do better than I did in January -- no more than 5 days. I see I need to go back to this format to remain mindful.

Options
    Hi everyone

Not off to a good start agh!
    me 1
    ffmonster 1
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Love the idea, it's what I've found works best for me, to categorize it in one big lump of crappy food! How it makes my body feel and how I beat myself up after... that's what determines when it falls in that category for me!

What group were you doing the no NF challenge?
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Jan

FF - 7
    Me - 24

February tracking: Go no more than 5 days w/FF

No FF = 2
    FF = 0

smiley-gen101.gif Happy Groundhogs Day Gang!:bigsmile:

Whew!!! Was yesterday/last night one big CHALLENGE to get through!!! But I did and I am soooooooo proud of myself for not caving. I was dealing with some stress I allowed myself to take on from someone I barely know. All I could do was think of was shoving FF/junk down my throat knowing there would be no stress from the original stress. :laugh:

Ahhh but then there'd be the new stress of feeling like crap, failing, having to watch my blood sugars shoot high and then low and have the simple carb cravings start all over again.:grumble:

Definitely a HUGE NSV for me yesterday by not falling into that pattern. Today it's not even on my radar because I didn't begin the cycle. So I'm proud of myself for planning ahead and counting yesterday as no FF when I left in the a.m on my count here. It made ALL the difference in the world knowing my goal was not to cave and it did help to get on here first!

It becomes like a trap for me ...like a cycle.. simple carbs/crappy food = the road to disappointment for myself and what I've achieved so far and and continue to achieve.

But if/when it does happen, dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up, begin at the next meal to eat healthier. Beating ourselves up for not meeting a goal does no good, doesn't mean I don't struggle with that but it really doesn't help us move forward. :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    February tracking: 5 days or less w/FF

No FF = 3
    FF/JF = 0
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Jan

FF - 7
    Me - 24

No FF = 2
    FF = 0

Whew!!! Was yesterday/last night one big CHALLENGE to get through!!! But I did and I am soooooooo proud of myself for not caving. I was dealing with some stress I allowed myself to take on from someone I barely know. All I could do was think of was shoving FF/junk down my throat knowing there would be no stress from the original stress. :laugh:

Ahhh but then there'd be the new stress of feeling like crap, failing, having to watch my blood sugars shoot high and then low and have the simple carb cravings start all over again.:grumble:

Definitely a HUGE NSV for me yesterday by not falling into that pattern. Today it's not even on my radar because I didn't begin the cycle. So I'm proud of myself for planning ahead and counting yesterday as no FF when I left in the a.m on my count here. It made ALL the difference in the world knowing my goal was not to cave and it did help to get on here first!

It becomes like a trap for me ...like a cycle.. simple carbs/crappy food = the road to disappointment for myself and what I've achieved so far and and continue to achieve.

But if/when it does happen, dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up, begin at the next meal to eat healthier. Beating ourselves up for not meeting a goal does no good, doesn't mean I don't struggle with that but it really doesn't help us move forward. :flowerforyou:

That's a great NSV Hearts! Great job on not falling into that pattern! I didn't do so well yesterday. Went out with my siblings to BJ's and ate their pizza and pizookie! Today is a new day and so far so good! It's the Superbowl today too and I'm going to try very hard to stay away from all the crappy/junk food!

No FF = 2
    FF monster = 1
  • meeaham
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to the group!! Technically FF is JF, right? :wink:

Welcome to our thread! I agree! I consider both FF and junk food all in one category! =)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Jan

FF - 7
    Me - 24

No FF = 2
    FF = 0

That's a great NSV Hearts! Great job on not falling into that pattern! I didn't do so well yesterday. Went out with my siblings to BJ's and ate their pizza and pizookie! Today is a new day and so far so good! It's the Superbowl today too and I'm going to try very hard to stay away from all the crappy/junk food!

No FF = 2
    FF monster = 1
    Thanks Mai!!:wink:
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    Hi!

Love the idea, it's what I've found works best for me, to categorize it in one big lump of crappy food! How it makes my body feel and how I beat myself up after... that's what determines when it falls in that category for me!

I made up my own for February on the message boards. February Junk Food Free Challenge. Before that, I was on the group that was no junk food for 21 days in a row but found that was too hard to do, so here I am!
  • totalhealth12
    Options
    February Tracking:

Me: 3
    FF: 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Jan

FF - 7
    Me - 24

No FF = 2
    FF = 0

Congrats Hearts!!! I knew I was going to eat junk yesterday. So I did and now that is my fix for at least another 7 days.!! I do know what you mean once you start the cravings are there the next day or so for sure. I no longer beat myself up for slip-ups. I often wonder if that is a good thing or not. But I am all about positive and knowing we are not perfect! keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    February tracking

Mollie - 2
    FF - 1

February goal is to do better than I did in January -- no more than 5 days. I see I need to go back to this format to remain mindful.

Options
    February Tracking:

Me: 4
    FF: 0
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi!

I made up my own for February on the message boards. February Junk Food Free Challenge. Before that, I was on the group that was no junk food for 21 days in a row but found that was too hard to do, so here I am!
    Well I'm so glad you joined us over here!:flowerforyou: Knowing I'm keeping track most definitely helps me to make a decision not to, or I should say "helps" to pass on it. LOL
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    February tracking

Mollie - 3
    FF - 1

Options

No FF = 5
    FF/JF = 0

Thanks Mollie for the encouragement!! I think being positive is a wonderful thing and I think a person can be realistic and positive both at the same time.:drinker:

Today was another really really "fight off the thoughts" type of day. I'm not so sure it has a thing to do with fast food or junk food but more to do with needing a fix to get some things offa my mind. Ya know bury them maybe?

I'm trying hard not to spend any unnecessary money on anything at all, typically the beginning of the month I go a bit wacko and do ff a couple times in oblivion. This time I'm not and I feel like a crackhead, barely making it through the day.

BUT I DID, I made it through yet another day, which means, my emotional strength is growing and the thoughts will quiet down ...very very soon I hope. LOL

Wonder if not spending money is kicking in the desire to eat crap or the urge I should say, or actually this time around it's like an obsessive thought constantly in my mind.:sick: I do not recall ever having to fight it off this hard, but in the past I gave in more easily so maybe that's why it's feeling particularly hard, because I'm not doing it?
    Just a thought, likely it's that very reason... something to smother feelings for me can be food (typically it's NOT a nice meal at home, it's really crappy food out, junk food (simple carbs)...things of that nature, or buying little things, they don't even have to be expensive, purchasing them and then returning them. Strange but hey it was working, got the high of returning something to do the Dollar Store or Target that I liked but had no real need for or really couldn't afford long term.

Anyone else have this happen if you stop and think about it? I'm probably not the only one but it is nice to have someone jump up and down and say I DO THAT TOO, so I don't feel like a freak. LOL

xo
  • meeaham
    Options

No FF = 5
    FF/JF = 0

Thanks Mollie for the encouragement!! I think being positive is a wonderful thing and I think a person can be realistic and positive both at the same time.:drinker:

Today was another really really "fight off the thoughts" type of day. I'm not so sure it has a thing to do with fast food or junk food but more to do with needing a fix to get some things offa my mind. Ya know bury them maybe?

I'm trying hard not to spend any unnecessary money on anything at all, typically the beginning of the month I go a bit wacko and do ff a couple times in oblivion. This time I'm not and I feel like a crackhead, barely making it through the day.

BUT I DID, I made it through yet another day, which means, my emotional strength is growing and the thoughts will quiet down ...very very soon I hope. LOL

Wonder if not spending money is kicking in the desire to eat crap or the urge I should say, or actually this time around it's like an obsessive thought constantly in my mind.:sick: I do not recall ever having to fight it off this hard, but in the past I gave in more easily so maybe that's why it's feeling particularly hard, because I'm not doing it?
    Just a thought, likely it's that very reason... something to smother feelings for me can be food (typically it's NOT a nice meal at home, it's really crappy food out, junk food (simple carbs)...things of that nature, or buying little things, they don't even have to be expensive, purchasing them and then returning them. Strange but hey it was working, got the high of returning something to do the Dollar Store or Target that I liked but had no real need for or really couldn't afford long term.

Anyone else have this happen if you stop and think about it? I'm probably not the only one but it is nice to have someone jump up and down and say I DO THAT TOO, so I don't feel like a freak. LOL

xo

What I do when I buy junk food is that I hid them. For example, I went to Target a while ago and bought these chocolate covered pretzels and I was just tempted eat it right after I purchased it but I shoved it in my bag and then took that bag to work and put it in my drawer to forget about it. I need to hide things to make me from eating them! I dunno why, but when I go shopping anywhere, I'm always drawn to snacks and buy it. Sometimes I'll cave in and eat it right away, sometimes I'll just hide it. I feel like wasting money for the ones I hide cuz once I find them, they are already expired and I have to throw it away. I think I'm gonna try returning them right away once I buy them! lol

No FF = 2
    FF monster = 2

So I ended up eating FF on Superbowl Sunday! I just had to do it and get it out of the way! I tried to log everything so that I don't overindulge. Luckily yesterday, I was only over by 300 calories which is not too shabby!

Did good today and planning to be good for the rest of the week!!!!
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone
    (jumping up and down I do that TOOOO thankyou for posting!!!

me 4
    ff monster1

Learning how not to stuff stress and feelings done with food. and it's way to stressful
This discussion has been closed.