Obstacle Course Training

Options
Hi there!

I've been more of a runner all my life, but decided to take up an obstacle course that is coming up in 2 months' time. (http://urbanathlon2013.menshealth.com.sg/) Yes it is opened to women, for the first time this year! I understand these would take a lot of upper body strength, which is something I do not have...

Any suggestions for some exercises that I could do for these two months with the limited time and equipment I have...
- Monkey bars at a neighbourhood playground
- 2 x 5kg weights (but at the moment I feel 5kg is even too heavy for me to do bicep curls - I can manage up to 10 for each set only)
- Pull up bar (I have a door-way pull up bar. At the moment I can manage to do a pull up by jumping the first half and then pulling myself up the second part...)
* Push ups (I limit myself doing these because I have a weak left wrist... It hurts after I do about 10 push-ups)

So if anyone has any ideas on what else I might be able to do that would be greatly appreciated!! :) Oh I do have gym usage probably till the end of January..

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• unicornlair
    unicornlair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to everything here and this is my first post, but I have a few ideas.

I ran mud hero and spartan race last year. The two main things I would recommend is balance and upper body. I found I really underestimated my ability to pull myself up and over the obstacles. I would also focus on balance because as you get more tired it really suffered.

Not much but I hope it can help!