Options
Angiemo3
Angiemo3 Posts: 20 Member
Hello, I am Angie and I have been around mfp for quite a while with no success. I have had lots of motivation in the beginning and it fizzles after about 2 weeks and I stop logging on. What is different this time you ask? I had a scare at work the other night. I was under a lot of stress and already did not feel good but my head began to hurt worse and worse. After my co-workers took my blood pressure and it read 213/103 I had a bit of an epiphany.
I most likely have diabetes already and my "normal" blood pressure is 150's over 90's. I have hypertension! With my toes going numb off and on the past year and now the likelihood of suffering a stroke or heart attack in the near future, I have decided NOT to lose weight for the first time in my life. My goal is to get my blood pressure down to the ideal range (below 120/80).
I have been looking around and I found some stuff on "clean eating" and thought that it would provide me the best chance at making a true and healthy "lifestyle" change.
I am in the research phase of this right now and I am developing a plan that will allow me to build healthy habits by gradually incorporating clean eating into my life. By making these changes over the next several weeks and months, I hope to make it permanent and not just another eight loss gimmick I tried on a whim and gave up on.
I look forward to learning some tools from you all and making the switch to clean eating.

Replies

• Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan along with a visit to your MD to get your BP under control NOW. The high blood pressure is serious business. Diet and exercise will be part of a comprehensive plan to get your BP under control and may help with your blood sugar as well. Please see your MD asap. I am sorry, but the nurse in me comes out sometimes when I am giving advice. 2013 may turn out to be a much healthier year for you. :happy: