Jan 2nd - Back to Reality (A Small Challenge)

Options
aprrae
aprrae Posts: 172 Member
So it's January 2nd and it's time to get back to reality after a couple weeks of school being out, parties and family gatherings and a general disregard for normal eating. I am setting 3 small goals for me today:

1. Logging my food on MFP.
2. Play outside in the snow with my girls. They have been asking to build a snowman for 3 days.
3. Walk on my treadmill for 30 mins.

All of these items are simple enough. I want to include doing something with my kids in every little challenge I give myself. Sometimes with work and our busy life, I forget to make time for them too.

Replies

• sirrah1973
    sirrah1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Those sound like long term doable goals..
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So true - just focusing on taking this first week a day at a time.
  • kootenayfit
    kootenayfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree we will all getter done but now point coming out of the gate too fast as this is the last time we will have to look at that number on the scale right?
  • mpryor93
    mpryor93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like that you are giving yourself small goals each day. This morning mine was to write in my food journal. tomorrow I will do three small goals instead of one.
  • Willie1274
    Options
    So it's January 2nd and it's time to get back to reality after a couple weeks of school being out, parties and family gatherings and a general disregard for normal eating. I am setting 3 small goals for me today:

1. Logging my food on MFP.
    2. Play outside in the snow with my girls. They have been asking to build a snowman for 3 days.
    3. Walk on my treadmill for 30 mins.

All of these items are simple enough. I want to include doing something with my kids in every little challenge I give myself. Sometimes with work and our busy life, I forget to make time for them too.

My goals are similar to get structure and also fun back in my life.
    1. Logging food - it's actually fun to see what you're eating and how it adds up. Sometimes it's even better when you realize. What?! I'm short calories and can have a cup of lite cocoa at night to unwind!

2. Playing with daughter - so many of my previous activities did not include my daughter as she's 6 years old and can't invite her on a 12 mile run. I work full time and leaving her on the weekend mornings makes me sad. Time to change and find activities we can both enjoy and have fun together.

3. Training - Minimum 3 days of strength training and cardio and incorporate more stretching to improve injuries and chronic pain. Do you know how fun it is to be active and not suffer from pain and discomfort most of the time? So much fun!
  • LMVassolo
    LMVassolo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal that i am working towards is sticking with is tracking my food and trying to stick with my mfp goals. As i mentioned once before--I love food so I have to try to change my bad habits like late night snacking after my kids are in bed AND skipping breakfast. For now I am just really trying to stick with that. Once I feel comfortable with food choices then I can begin to add other goals like stepping up my exercise program etc. i know from my own experience that if i start out with too much too early I will not follow through. So far so good!
  • LMVassolo
    LMVassolo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask... I notice that I am a little low on the protein content of my choices. I am not a big meat eater. wondering if anyone has ideas for good sources of protein to insert into my meals??
  • Willie1274
    Options
    I forgot to ask... I notice that I am a little low on the protein content of my choices. I am not a big meat eater. wondering if anyone has ideas for good sources of protein to insert into my meals??

Beans are a great source of protein. I have beans and rice for lunch many times. Other sources are beans, nuts, seeds, quinoa, Yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, soy products and protein supplements.

Veggies also have protein

1 avocado 10 grams
    1 cup broccoli 5 grams
    1 cup spinach 5 grams
    1 cup peas 9 grams
    1 medium artichoke 4 grams
    1 cup asparagus 5 grams
    1 cup beet greens 3 grams