I forgot how HARD tracking calories is!

Options
Confession: I work for the company that owns MyPlate, the Livestrong calorie tracker, so I've tried to count my calories quite a few times.

It is SO HARD. I just had breakfast and I have NO IDEA how many cups or ounces are in anything. I think I need to bring a set of measuring cups to work...but that could be potentially embarrassing haha. Any thoughts or tips?

Replies

• vikkiegreer
    Options
    Im with you on the cup thing, how big is the cup lol. I think i need to get myself the proper measuring cup things.
    Didnt realise how much i normally overeat.........
  • upagianthill
    Options
    I use a coffee cup as "1 cup" - it's close and you can sort of estimate from there. Drink LOTS of water - that's going to help stave off snack cravings, and try to save your calories for breakfast and dinner - I usually just eat an energy bar for lunch or some fruit and yogurt. I also try to walk as much as possible on my lunch break (although today I have lunch with my boss - guess there won't be any low-cal food or walking today!). It's so hard, but once you get back into the routine, it works SO well - and as long as you're "around" your goal, you'll be losing weight in no time!
  • racheljoy90
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I do drink a LOT of water but I'm trying to drink even more now because I think my body would like it haha.

Yesterday wasn't too bad in terms of tracking and eating. I stayed very close to my goal and exercised a lot. The only problem is, now looking back on my food diary, I realized I basically ate ONLY carbs. I need to buy some more fruits and veggies this weekend.