Dang it, UPS! Gimme my NROL4W!

Options
Was excited because I have free 2 day shipping from Amazon prime...

On Friday I heard the door bell in my apartment buzz... pushed the button assuming it was my roommate forgetting her keys... nobody came in. Later saw a "we missed you" note from UPS. It's a $12 book! Just leave it here! Note says they will try again before 10:30am on Monday.

Monday rolls around. Noon rolls around. No UPS deliver person rolls around. I go out for lunch and fun with friends. Come home to a "we missed you" note, saying that they attempted to deliver at 2pm. Gee. Thanks. Note says the next attempt will be on Wednesday, between 2 and 5pm. While I am at work, of course. While reading the note in my apartment, I see that I can sign the back of my note to give the delivery person permission to deliver it. I sign the note.

Wednesday rolls around. I'm halfway done with my 5 mile bicycle commute. Realize I forgot to stick the signed note to the gate. If the package doesn't get delivered today, it gets brought to the UPS holding center, which is absurdly far away. Wait until my lunch break. Go on a 10 mile round trip bike ride to put up the sodding signed UPS note.

Ugh. Why does UPS want my signature? It's a cheap book. It's been a week since I ordered my "free two day" shipping item. This is driving me insane.

Replies

• jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Brightside...you should have your book tonight and you got in some extra cardio today with the trips back and forth!

Happy reading!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Gee, and they just left my husband's new $600 tablet in it's box on our doorstep...At least your UPS person is TRYING to prevent theft!
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Gee, and they just left my husband's new $600 tablet in it's box on our doorstep...At least your UPS person is TRYING to prevent theft!

Haha, so true! We ordered a 46" flat screen last year and they left it at our door. And it wasn't even a brown box that didnt show was was in it...the actual picture of the tv was on the box! Smh.