Diet Nutrition

Options
What kind of foods do you eat to lose weight?

Replies

• solynea
    solynea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Celery, lettuce and apples. It's not really tasty but at least it works.
  • kiki92xx
    Options
    Hello :)

I have just started with MFP. I have lost 4kg since Nov 2012 so its a steady 0.5kgs a week. I have another 8.6kgs to go.

SW: 67.6
    CW: 63.6
    GW1: 60
    GW2: 57
    UGW: 55

I am gluten and lactose intolerant so I have no dairy and very little bread/pasta in my diet. I eat every three hours but each meal is quite small.

6AM - Optislim Weight Loss Shake made with water not milk (150cal)
    (I cannot stomach solid food that early!!)

9AM- Half a large banana and a cup of green tea.

12PM - Salad. Basically a big bowl of veg (hot or cold) with protein so either tuna, chicken, beef strips. I have removed cheese and replaced it with avocado. Plus a citrus fruit.

3PM - The other half of the banana and another cup of green tea.

6PM - Weight Watchers mini meals (250 - 350 calories each)

I also drink 10/12 cups of water a day, each cup is mixed with freshly squeeze lemon juice. I tend to just leave the lemon in the water.

I have two cheat meals a week which I have on different days.
    Most commonly is Friday dinner and Sunday breakfast.
    I try not to go too crazy with my cheats meals, the purpose of the exercise is not to make myself sick. I try and avoid take away and normally make it a restaurant meal.
  • KrysalV
    Options
    I eat a lot of home made meals. I have a ton of diffrent healthy cookbooks that i got at a Goodwill. I plan my meals about a week before so i can shop for everything. I try to use as many fresh items as i can. I also dont use anything that comes in a can other then tomaotes. For luch every day i eat a salad with low-fat chesse and turkey peperiona and a low fat dressing its about 105-115 cals for lunch. I also drink a glass of v8 juice a day to get a few more fruits and vegs. With eating the meals so healthy I have a lot of points to snack on and that is great for me becuse i love to snack. My snacks are all bad for you things but i stay under my caloire goal.

I did this diet before my wedding and lost like 15 pounds in two months. Since the wedding i really let myself go. I know going back to eathing this way will work.
  • kiki92xx
    Options
    Its so much easier if you have plan that has worked in the past! Best of luck xx
  • bannajo
    Options
    I love eating lean proteins and lots of fiber. I work in an office all day (bummer) but there is a massive set of rock stairs accross the street that I walk everyday.

My daily meals consist of:

7 am-Plain, Fat Free Yogurt 1c with Kashi Go Lean Cereal 1/2c

10 am-Veggies with fat free dressing

1 pm-Lean Protein lunch
    Like: Turkey breast, edamame, tuna, boiled egg

6 pm-weight watchers meal and veggies

I love drinking water and green tea but our office has bad water so I have to bring jugs of it. It's a pain but I want to get back to green tea and more water everyday!

Thanks for making this group, I am ready to get back on track and feel better!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking my meals, and I was shocked at how many calories I was eating! I know that keeping track like this will work, and I am so excited to start! I have been eating relatively healthy breakfasts and snacks for a while now, it's the lunch and dinner part I need help with. If any of you have suggestions for easy and decently inexpensive lunches, I would really appreciate it! I love variety and I get bored with food very quickly, so I need lots of ideas so I can stay on the wagon. :happy: Thanks in advance for your help ladies, I look forward to getting healthy with all of you! :flowerforyou:
  • kiki92xx
    Options
    Salads are a wonderful option for lunches. They can be different everyday so they are great if you get bored easily. I try my best to always have a bit of protein in my salads. I am a huge fan of tuna and chicken. A boiled egg is a good addition to a salad.

Dinners should be small and light - I am a terrible cook so I have the Lite n Easy / Weight Watchers frozen dinners. They have the calorie count right there on the pack and they taste delicious. Plus you can have a different meal seven nights a week :)!!
  • HannahWastlund
    Options
    Wonderful feedback, Ladies!! :) Here's some of the things I eat on a normal basis. I could be healthier, and I am trying to improve gradually! I do about 300 calories 4 times a day! =1200 cals!

breakfast-
    belvita+nonfat yogurt=310 calories

OR

Oatmeal+nonfat yogurt+sugar free coffee creamer=275 calories

then, the rest of the day I alternate foods like:
    special k chocolatey delight snack bar=90 calories
    nonfat yogurt=80 calories
    black beans 1/2 cup= 110 calories
    wheat bread= 70 calories
    egg=70 calories
    popcorn healthy pop= 100 calories
    Vegetables/fruits
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible...

A typical day is

Breakfast- Oatmeal & Yogurt or Protein Pancakes

Morning Snack- Apple or Banana

Lunch- Some kind of sandwich on 35 cal Whole Wheat bread w. Cottage Cheese and protein shake

Between Snack- Veggies of some kind. Carrots juiced with pineapples, maybe some tomatoes or peppers... depends on what I have!

Dinner- Some type of poultry or fish. Usually chicken. Plus mixed veggies & usually some edamame or a sweet potato. Or if I had just oatmeal for breakfast, I'll make protein pancakes for dinner.

And I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS let myself have some treats. I make them fit into my caloric budget. Otherwise I could fall into my old ways and become too restrictive thus making myself sick, or end up bingeing. So I'll have chocolate, a fiber brownie, or some kind of ice cream. I ADORE ice cream. :P
  • xmisterheatherx
    Options
    I try to focus on adding healthier foods rather than cutting out everything I love. I have fruits and veggies for snacks as often as possible, and I make sure to add veggies into my meals whenever I can. I still allow myself a serving of something I love each day, but since I fill up on healthy stuff, I am able to eat just a few chips instead of the entire bag in one sitting! If I completely cut out "bad foods," I just end up bingeing and feeling guilty for the entire day.

My favorite healthy snacks are clementines, berries (when in season), apples, edamame and raw bell peppers. I also love to have steel cut oatmeal since it's packed with fiber and keeps me full for so long. It takes forever to make from scratch, but Trader Joe's makes a frozen version that you just heat in the microwave. I had it for the first time today and I would recommend it to any oatmeal lovers who are short on time in the morning.
  • xmisterheatherx
    Options
    Whole grain wraps are a great, easy, inexpensive lunch. You can fill them with anything you want (salad, reduced sodium and low-fat cold cuts, last night's leftovers), and they pack beautifully if you're bringing them to school and work. Just add a hanful of nuts orsorsome fruit on the side to go with it, and you have a fun, healthy lunch!