Getting off of "the Pill"

Options
liznotyet
liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
Hi - I have been on the pill for about 25 years. For the last five years I have clearly begun the change as my periods have diminished to less than one tampon's worth of flow. I am guessing that if I stop taking it, my energy and mood will be more variable, but I also think I might feel the benefits of exercise even more directly, and that I may become - reluctant to say it but need to know - juicier, as I find during my week off the cycle I am less dry inside.

While I have always enjoyed the birth control aspects of the pill, I also think it may have sort of flattened my personality a bit - taken away the extremes. I am on a progesterone-only pill. My doctor is very noncommittal in her advice - she sees both pros and cons but won't recommend.

Any opinions either on the forum or message me directly, I would appreciate advice and experience!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious to know how it goes for you. I never felt quite right ON hormonal BC, so I've been off it for ages.

I'll be reading along to see if you DO go off, how you feel, and what you choose instead. :smile:
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have a little more research to do. It is scary thinking I could go out of control exercising and then out of control eating.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have a little more research to do. It is scary thinking I could go out of control exercising and then out of control eating.
    I found that I was MORE balanced off the pill.