Weekly chat - Dec 31-Jan 6

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)

Replies

• jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chat board! My name is Jennifer and I like to eat :( So looking forward to the motivational chats! I have a 5 year old and really want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight so that I can live a healthy life for my son. Our office does a biggest loser contest every year. I won last year and maintained my loss most of the remainder of the year. During the last quarter, I gained almost half of it back :( I want to lose that and then some! I still have a good 30 pounds to lose!
  • shorty313
    Options
    I know, Oct-Dec were brutal for me!

Today was an OK day, very stressful at work so while my eating wasn't too bad, I didn't get to go the gym as usual. My job keeps getting in the way of fitness!
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    Yeah October through December was pretty brutal for me too. I was struggling with work and comfort ate to get through it. Never a good idea. Work remains very stressful unfortunately. My boss is a man who does not understand or is unwilling to recognise sanity, reality or the laws of physics when it comes to giving out orders. He just keeps raising the bar on idiocy and I have to work harder and longer to keep up. My poor wife had to deal with me being down over Xmas. She's very into the whole Xmas gig where as I just wanted to rest. Didn't make for a very jolly Xmas time. Plus there's the small problem of my gift. The ability to dream up and create epic cakes and sweets. I enjoy the whole process from idea through to consumption. Trouble is they tend to be calorific to the maximum. Why can't I get the same buzz from making up a nice fresh, healthy salad.
    So anyway I'm back and keen to get back to a good balance and get back to my fighting weight. A situation made a lord harder by the fact that somebody stole my bike 3 days before Xmas. So now I'm walking everywhere for work and when I get my head straight it's back to the gym for me. As part of my need to have a goal to work towards I've signed up to take part in a mountaineering challenge. I'm going to attempt to climb the 3 highest mountains in the UK in 24 hours. Training starts next week. My poor body wont know what hit it.
    All the best gang, it's good to be back.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Paul - -have you done your big walk yet? Was it with your father, or am I remembering incorrectly? Good luck on the new challenge! I can't believe someone stole your bike, and 3 days before Christmas at that. :grumble:

DH wants me to go to lunch with him, when I have a very healthy lunch here with me. Oh well, I'll try to choose carefully!
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    Paul - -have you done your big walk yet? Was it with your father, or am I remembering incorrectly? Good luck on the new challenge! I can't believe someone stole your bike, and 3 days before Christmas at that. :grumble:

DH wants me to go to lunch with him, when I have a very healthy lunch here with me. Oh well, I'll try to choose carefully!

Hey Debbie, I did indeed. I completed the Yorkshire 3 Peaks in September of last year. It was a really fun experience. I bought a tent and found a camping site near the start so I camped out the night before and after. I must admit when I was putting the tent up in the pouring rain I did find myself wondering who's bright idea this was! But once I was all set and in my sleeping bag I loved it. Plus everyone should cook breakfast while still being in bed at least once. To be honest i found the walk pretty easy although I loved the experience and plan to do it again as training for my new challenge.
    Oh don't get me started about my bike being stolen. Grumble is a very polite word to describe how I feel about it!