Ender's Game & Divergent Fan!!

Options
phyre_5
phyre_5 Posts: 52 Member
Hello All. I've been part of this group for a few months but just had the opportunity to start going through the topics on here. So, I have been a HUGE Ender's Game fan for nearly 17 years now. Anyone else have tendencies toward this book? It is the only book I have ever read twice, and admittedly, I plan on reading it a third time before the movie (yes movie!!) comes out later this year.

Divergent by Veronica Roth has also become one of my favorites. If you are familiar with either of these books, do you have any suggested reads for me? Great to be here!! Happy reading.

Replies

• Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ender's Game was great! I'll think about some others and get back to you!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Options
    Okay. I'm a bif sci-fi fan. John Scalzi "Old Man's War" was good. Pandora's Star by Peter Hamilton is the beginning novel of a truly epic two part series (with Judas Unchained).

I'm also a huge fan of Neil Gaiman. American Gods, Anansi Boys and Neverwhere are some of my favorites.

Tim Powers has written some incredible books. Declare, Anubis Gates, and Three Days to Never are superb. Enjoy!
  • fatblaster2012
    Options
    Okay. I'm a bif sci-fi fan. John Scalzi "Old Man's War" was good. Pandora's Star by Peter Hamilton is the beginning novel of a truly epic two part series (with Judas Unchained).

I'm also a huge fan of Neil Gaiman. American Gods, Anansi Boys and Neverwhere are some of my favorites.

Tim Powers has written some incredible books. Declare, Anubis Gates, and Three Days to Never are superb. Enjoy!

Neverwhere is awesome!
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I liked Divergent & Insurgent. The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver is another good read similar to Divergent. It's also YA.

I plan to read Ender's Game before the movie comes out.

Someone else mentioned Neil Gaiman, that's also a great choice.
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    If you liked Divergent you should try "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. Amazing, amazing trilogy
  • phyre_5
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I have plenty to run with now :) If you think of anything else let me know and I'll add it to my list.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I second The Maze Runner Trilogy. Fantastic!
  • Strangelyinsane
    Options
    The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Books 1 and 2 of a trilogy. This is a fantastic series. Well written and interesting characters living in an intriguing universe of magic, science and art. Highly recommended! Can't wait for book 3.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ender's Game is fantastic. I feel that that book is ABOUT children, but not FOR children. I'm looking forward to the movie and to see how graphic the movie will be. What a great book though!
  • phyre_5
    Options
    My list is growing and I'm getting more excited! Thanks again :)
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    I am reading Ender's Game right now. My boyfriend has read it multiple time and talked me into it....Soooo glad he did. I am going to pass on some of these suggestions to him.......and may take a look at them myself. Thanks all!!