Welcome and Introductions

Options

Replies

• kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the brides to be! Im Kath and i will be married in June 2014, i will be 41 when i finally become a bride eeeks! Jeff and I met 6 years ago and got engaged while on holiday in Mexico in September I had no idea he was going to propose as he has always been quite anti marriage so it was a magic surprise!
    Really want to lose my weight for the summer so I can go wedding dress shopping :happy: . I am 156.2lbs and only 5ft 2in so I dont carry it very well. I would love to be about 126lbs feel like such a long way to go but I will get there with the help of this group I hope!
    Plus I have signed up for Tough Mudder in Scotland in August so all the training I have to put in will help too.
    Best of luck to you all!
    x
  • xstarriexeyezx
    xstarriexeyezx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am Jess and 22. I've been with my fiance for three years now and we got engaged at my graduation last July. Hoping to get married in 2014 but as we have just moved in together and I am doing my teacher training this all depends on our money situation.
    I succeeded in loosing over two stone whilst at uni (probably due to the immense amount of free time in which I could gym and swim!) but as real world sets in and I find myself at school from 8am to 6pm time is short and it is difficult to be organized enough to get all my teaching prep done and prepare meals so I suppose thats my key for this year!
    I started slimming world as well so I have that as an extra support but this support from fellow brides would be wonderful as at the moment I have chosen my dress but to horrified to even consider trying it on!
    Feel free to *kitten* me as a friend!
    J xx
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Meagan. I am 25 (will be 26 when the big day gets here) My wedding will be at the start of December. I have been engaged for a year and have been attempting to get rid of this weight but I have really just been talking about it without alot of action, so when the wedding date fast approaching and the New Year here, its the perfect time to hit the reset button!

Good luck to you all and Congrats on your engagements as well!

Feel free to add me as a friend as well & we can keep each other on track!
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sarah and Im from the UK!

I have been with my fiance since we were 15/16. We got engaged at the age of 20 in 2009.

I am now 24 and get married at the end of July 2013. We are then heading to DisneyWorld Florida for our honeymoon!

Everything is pretty much sorted now, except my weight - I have to lose some, as my dress has been ordered 1 size too small! :)

Excited to be a part of this with you all! :)
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Melissa, and I'm 28. I just got engaged on Christmas morning, so I haven't done any planning yet and have no idea when I'll be getting married, although if we're able to make it work we want to do it before this year ends.
    I've been with my guy for 3 1/2 years. We went to high school together and kind of knew each other, then a few years ago met again! :)
    I've been losing weight on this site for a little while now. I lost 35 pounds, then went on a vacation a few months ago and fell completely off the wagon. Now that I"m engaged I'm back! lol Thankfully I haven't put back on too much of what I'd already lost, so I'm hoping to lose another 30-40 pounds.
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Hi All and congrats to all on your engagement! Many thanks to Elizabeth for organising this group/challenge! I really need it! :-)

I started my journey on MFP in May 2012 and had a surprise proposal by my Better Half in June 2012 after living together for 5,5 years now! Our wedding is now scheduled for 10th August 2013 (eeeeeeeeek) as we're not getting any younger and want to start a family in the near future! Though I really was hoping he would give me a bit more time to get into shape but seeing as he is not, I have to get and rush a bit on with this weight loss malakey! :-)

Weightloss wise I have to step it up a bit now, as I have been lacking willpower over the festive time and am now struggling to get back on track..

Oh, and my name is Meike and we're living in the UK but getting married in Germany - in my hometown! :-) All very exciting but it also entails a lot of travelling back and forwards to get everything sorted - and it sounds like I am a bit behind with everything :eeek:

Looking fwd to meeting you all!
    Cheers
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    Hi! Congrats to everyone on their engagement! My names Bridgette and I am 24 and will be 25 for the wedding! My fiance will be 33 :) He is my best friend and I cant wait for may 26, 2013! We have been dating for 4 years and got engaged this past may.

Lately I haven't tried to lose weight. I feel like I gave up! So now that the wedding is 5 months away Im so nervous! I want to like my wedding pictures instead of starring at them like ewww my arms! LOL

I cant wait to start this challange with you all! We can do this and im glad Im not in this alone! :)
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! i'm Paige, I got engaged in October after about a year of dating, and will be getting married in August of this year! We will be getting married in Cincinnati and honeymooning in Jamacia! I'm looking to lose about 10lbs and lose about 4% bf. Right now i'm at about 130lbs and 22% bf. I have a long time to do this, but my sisters wedding is in May so i'm actually making that my goal date.
    I lift 5 days a week, mix in some cardio, and usually do a day or two of yoga. I also am a fairly clean eater when I eat at home, unfortunately i also eat out a lot or at a lot of work events.
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jill. I got engaged this past August and am getting married this October. I have been working at this weight loss thing for quite a while. I was a long time weight watcher and now am using My Fitness Pal to track my food. I lost about 40 lbs on Weight Watchers and am just working on the last 10-15 lbs. I am also working on just toning myself up so I can feel confident and awesome on my wedding day. I am pretty good about tracking my food I just have a hard time staying on track with working out. I recently got the Bridalicious Bootcamp DVD's for Christmas so I am committed to finishing that program.
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Hi all and Congrats!
    I am newly engaged but getting married on 8/3/13. I feel that this is going to be a short engagement after reading all of your stories. I have 7 months from today to lose some weight and get in to wedding dress shape. I am excited to be part of the challenge.

Wow, I'm getting married on August 3, 2013 as well! We still have a few months to meet our goals :-)
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Hello to everyone and congratulations!

My fiance and I met on eHarmony back in May of last year and he proposed to me in the middle of November. We certainly did move quick (only about 6.5 months!) but from the very beginning we just knew it was right. We're getting married November 2, 2013 and planning on starting a family very soon thereafter (if all goes as planned, of course!) So I have two goals - not a particular weight goal but just a goal to feel beautiful on my wedding day, and also a goal to lose some (most?) of my excess weight so that when we start trying for kids I am at a lower risk of health concerns. This board is a way to keep me motivated - although I am not that great at keeping up with things like this. Since we have a weigh in every week, I feel like I will be accountable to someone other than myself - my fiance is supportive with the diet and exercise, but since he loves me just the way I am, it's not easy for him to be encouraging about *needing* to go to the gym and whatnot.

And, since I didn't make to the gym this morning and you guys are so motivating, I have decided to hit the gym tonight after work! So see, the group is already working!!!
  • EvetteMarquez
    EvetteMarquez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congratulations to you! While I am not engaged (I'm already married) I wanted to join this group for help and support. I have a lot of weight to lose. 70 something pounds or so. Lets all help each other.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been officially engaged for a month now :D and am planning our wedding for this September! I have already lost 18 lbs but would like to lose another 20 lb :) Ready to get started!
  • marrigot
    Options
    Hi all! I am Melissa. I'm 33 and almost engaged. The ring is here. In my house actually but he hid it high enough that even with my step ladder I can't reach it to try on early. He has something planned so I am patiently waiting. The wedding is going to be early November 2013. It doesn't feel quite right to plan yet, but I am sure having fun reading about other peoples plans and spending way too much time on Pinterest.

I'd like to lose 60 pounds before the wedding, but I will be happy just feeling healthier. I feel pretty lucky to have found this group right when I needed it.
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello and Congrats!
    My name is Casey, I got engaged this December 14th. I am currently 24 and will be 25 at my Summer 2014 wedding. My fiance and I have known each other since middle school, but didn't start dating until 3 1/2 years ago (we will be together over 5 years at the wedding). I have always been a little heavier than most of my friends but because of health issues and poor choices I have gained a considerable amount of weight. I am currently 190 and have been on mfp for a while, but I have never added friends and do not really participate in message boards, but I need support and motivation to kick start my weight loss journey. I would like to lose at least 40 pounds by wedding (150).
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren and I got engaged last June! My fiancé and I met online but had some mutual connections we didn't know about until after we met. We've been together almost 3 years now and are planning our wedding for June 8, 2014. I have always been heavy and I am bound and determined to look smoking amazing at my wedding. I joined MFP in July 2012 and have lost almost 40lbs I would like to lose another 30 before I start dress shopping but I am running out of time. I am really hoping to be around 125lbs for my wedding. I am so excited for this and hope I can lose the few holiday lbs I gained and break the plateau I was sitting at before the holidays. Good luck everyone!

Lauren :o)
  • missbuki
    missbuki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI.

I am Buki and I’m 23. I've been with my fiancé for 6 years now and we got engaged just over TW0 years ago, but now I have finished my degree (my graduation is this month) I want to get started on Wedding plans . Ideally I want to be married by the end of 2014. We are both set on a destination wedding with just the two of us (most likely on a Jamaican beach). Like most of you I want to look and feel my best whenever and however our wedding takes place. I want to lose 60lbs between now and then (and KEEP it off). TBH I have never put 100% into weightless but as I even annoy myself with how much I think and talk about getting into shape…I think it’s time to do so!!!

Add me if you like and good luck :-)
  • nycolemullins
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Nycole and 20. I will be marrying my high school sweetheart on October 3, 2014. We are waiting because we both want to finish school and get our degrees before we jump into the real world together! We have been together for almost 5 years (engaged about 8 months) and will be together for 7 by the time we are married. At first I didn't want to have such a long engagement but I've decided it's nice because it gives me time to finish school, lose weight, and plan! I wish everyone luck with planning and weight loss!:)
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey, My name is Kelly. I am 27 and will be 28 in July. Our wedding day is Aug 4, 2013. So only 7 more months. I am very excited and we have most of our planning done. losing this weight is the final step. I hope to lose 30 lbs by my dress fitting in May. Jon and I met online when he came to Hamilton Ontario Canada from England to play Rugby. Initially he was going to only stay the Rugby season, but we met and were dating 18 months when he proposed at Niagara Falls. Looking forward to the challenges. Can't wait to drop the pounds!
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Stephanie. I am a teacher and am 25. Our wedding is July 12, 2014. )We just booked our reception venue on Wednesday - so exciting!) I gained a lot of weight in college - was diagnosed with hypothroidism and was on some medication that both helped me gain weight. I tried Weight Watchers 2 years ago and lost 25 pounds... and then some stressful situations happened and I gained back some of it. I am on a journey to lose weight to look good in a low back lace gown. I just love that look. I have lost 5 lbs with MFP and am now going to the gym - having a thyroid issue can be discouraging, but I am hoping this group helps to motivate me even more!