The Dress!

Options

Replies

• nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried my dress on today for some extra motivation, it's not even close to zipping up but I am motivated, it's sooooo beautiful I WILL fit in it !!!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_All-Over-Lace-A-Line-Halter-with-Beaded-Embroidery-9H9572_Sale-Sale-Bridal-Gowns

This is my dress. It fit all the criteria I had laid out except for the corset back, which is perfect because when I take it in to be altered down to my new size they're putting the corset back in :D.

I'm excited to see the final alteration. I bought the dress the very end of September and went to pick it up in November. When I tried it on the first time (first one I tried on, and I ended up trying it on between every other dress I tried lol) it fit like a glove! In November however, the woman helping me told me it needed to be taken in a good two inches already so I'm very excited to see it on again in May when I send it off
  • BrandyBarrett
    Options
    I adore my dress, I got it at Sparkle Couture in Sacramento! (I live in Oregon). I fell in love and had to have it. I can't wait for the six weeks prior to my wedding to get altered to fit my body perfectly!

lNoCol.jpg

QtPXLl.jpg

zXi8Nl.jpg

vQhRxl.jpg
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So far I've only internet window shopped. I'm planning on beginning my real world shopping in March. I really want to get down to 200 before then. I love lacy dresses and I know that I don't want strapless. I'm hoping to find a lacy fit and flare or a-line with cap sleeves. I've seen a few contenders on the david's bridal website that I'm looking forward to trying on.
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So far I've only internet window shopped. I'm planning on beginning my real world shopping in March. I really want to get down to 200 before then. I love lacy dresses and I know that I don't want strapless. I'm hoping to find a lacy fit and flare or a-line with cap sleeves. I've seen a few contenders on the david's bridal website that I'm looking forward to trying on.

Not to be an attention *kitten*, but there's a lacy dress I tried on at David's that you may like. I loved how figure flattering it was!

davids2.jpg
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Here is my dress. Also a Maggie Bride.

2m7jiv5.jpg

sddws8.gif

Still hoping to lose 20 pounds in order for it to fit better. This one was 1 size too small!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is my dress. I was walking into the bridal store to pick up my bridesmaids dress for my best friends wedding and saw it on display. Tried it on and bought it. All by myself. I still cried witht he consultant. And another bride trying on dresses with her mom hugged and congratulated me too. No family or friends were involved in my purchase. I am ok with that. I would be worried they would try to talk me out of it. After I purchased my dress months later I tried it on with my mom and sisters present. They loved it. I knew I made the right choice.

Mississauga-20120913-000772_zpsc2dd6591.jpg
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    not sure how to resize this. but you get the idea right?
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    not sure how to resize this. but you get the idea right?

It's gorgeous Kelly!! Great pick! So classy and elegant
  • abrewer563
    Options
    @Kelly

Holy cow, this is the dress I want too! It's gorgeous on you!

I've only went shopping one place so far and don't have a date yet so I definitely haven't made any purchases, but this is my favorite one I've tried so far.
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here is my dress. Also a Maggie Bride.

2m7jiv5.jpg

sddws8.gif

Still hoping to lose 20 pounds in order for it to fit better. This one was 1 size too small!

I love Adorae! FI's cousin wore it at her wedding and I was kind of sad because it took it out of the running for me! You look fantastic in it!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I got my dress at David's Bridal. I originally started at Alfred Angelo and found a dress that I really liked (had some color in it) but didn't LOVE. I didn't love the price either. I decided to go to David's Bridal and there I found a halter dress (the first was a strapless with a straight neckline- which made me look boxy) that great! It has a corset back so I can adjust as needed! The next thing she said was that it was on clearance! It made it harder to get the right size (needed more boob room) and get a brand new one- but she did it! It was $349 so that made me even happier! I ordered it in ivory with the champagne.

2ecnmt2.jpg
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ugh, dress shopping. I wasn't dreading it at all, in fact I was totally looking forward to it, until I stepped out in my first dress. My mom's first words were, "Well, you're going to lose weight, it wouldn't look so bad then!" :huh: I had not said one thing about my weight. The rest of the appointment was more of the same, at least 2 comments per gown about what a whale I was. Thanks mom, love you too. I thought the dresses were really pretty, and I really didn't think I looked that bad! Grr. Now I never want to go dress shopping with her again! Anyone else have mommy issues?

I haven't gone dress shopping yet but one reason is because I'm afraid of that conversation coming up with my mom. She has the best intentions but she seems to think that if something is true, then it shouldn't hurt to hear it. She's made a couple comments that have really hurt and when I told her that, her response was "well it's not like you don't know what you look like." Soooo I'm REALLY hoping to be within 20 lbs of my goal by the time I go dress shopping. I'll also be taking at least one bridesmaid. I hope their presence and positive feedback (or at least honest but kind feedback) would encourage my mom to be kinder as well.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_All-Over-Lace-A-Line-Halter-with-Beaded-Embroidery-9H9572_Sale-Sale-Bridal-Gowns

This is my dress. It fit all the criteria I had laid out except for the corset back, which is perfect because when I take it in to be altered down to my new size they're putting the corset back in :D.

I'm excited to see the final alteration. I bought the dress the very end of September and went to pick it up in November. When I tried it on the first time (first one I tried on, and I ended up trying it on between every other dress I tried lol) it fit like a glove! In November however, the woman helping me told me it needed to be taken in a good two inches already so I'm very excited to see it on again in May when I send it off

They can ADD a corset back?!?! That is AWESOME! My "window-shopping" has been so limited because I've been trying to only find dresses with that kind of back!
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    I got my dress a davids bridal too and they are putting a corset back in when I go for my fitting. My fitting is in May. I hope to be down 25-30lbs by then.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    Hmm......I'm way behind in the dress search! Wedding in July, but haven't ordered a dress yet. I went to David's Bridal and tried some on, but it was very stressful and uncomfortable for me because I'm so huge and look terrible in white! Many tears were shed. :(
    I'm very modest and just felt half-naked with all the dresses because they didn't have any with sleeves that I could try on and the jackets I tried on didn't flatter the dresses at all. They took away from beauty of the dress IMO.
    I HATE wearing a dress or even slacks and a nice blouse. Would prefer to be in jeans and a T-shirt most of the time, but not on my wedding day.
    I am very traditional and do want to get a full-length gown (to cover up my legs!) with a train. I didn't know it takes so long for the dress to come in after it's ordered. The more I try to plan this wedding, the more I think we should just elope! LOL
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here's my dress:

2ynm05l.jpg

It was EXACTLY what'd I'd envisioned--though I really don't love this photo of me in it. I'm still trying to figure out jewelry and the veil--any suggestions?! :)

I'm also debating making the sash close int he back vs the bow... but I'm not sure!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I got my dress at David's Bridal. I originally started at Alfred Angelo and found a dress that I really liked (had some color in it) but didn't LOVE. I didn't love the price either. I decided to go to David's Bridal and there I found a halter dress (the first was a strapless with a straight neckline- which made me look boxy) that great! It has a corset back so I can adjust as needed! The next thing she said was that it was on clearance! It made it harder to get the right size (needed more boob room) and get a brand new one- but she did it! It was $349 so that made me even happier! I ordered it in ivory with the champagne.

2ecnmt2.jpg

That was the dress I was drooling over since I first got engaged (3 years ago). When I went back to David's last October the lady told me they had discontinued it! I wanted to cry!!

Now I wonder if they really did discontinue it or if she just lied to me. She wasn't very nice anyway, and didn't seem to like me and my maids very well (they are brutally honest and a bit crass).
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

2ecnmt2.jpg

That was the dress I was drooling over since I first got engaged (3 years ago). When I went back to David's last October the lady told me they had discontinued it! I wanted to cry!!

Now I wonder if they really did discontinue it or if she just lied to me. She wasn't very nice anyway, and didn't seem to like me and my maids very well (they are brutally honest and a bit crass).

They really did discontinue it. It's no longer able to be found online so unless you can wear one right off the rack, it will be very hard to find one. I had to steal this picture from the 'petite' style, the regular size is completely offline. I got VERY lucky that I went in when I did. So sorry you weren't able to do the same. Did you find one yet?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

2ecnmt2.jpg

They really did discontinue it. It's no longer able to be found online so unless you can wear one right off the rack, it will be very hard to find one. I had to steal this picture from the 'petite' style, the regular size is completely offline. I got VERY lucky that I went in when I did. So sorry you weren't able to do the same. Did you find one yet?

I did! It took me a while, but once I finally let go of the halter top idea I fell in love with my dress. Now I like it better than the halter so I'm happy!