Olive Garden

Clownfish423
Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
I've been trying to figure out how to count this. I was dreading a trip to Olive Garden, not exactly a low carb kind of place. I had the salad without the croutons and no breadsticks (that was hard). I ordered the seafood alfredo served over broccoli instead of the pasta. It was heavenly, but I can't figure out if I did a terrible job carb-wise or not so bad....I hope not because it was a meal definitely worth repeating! I've checked the nutrition info from here and Olive Garden - I can't figure out how to subtract out the pasta - not sure what their standard serving size is for a dinner portion (other than it's a lot of pasta). Any ideas?

Replies

• Chicagolopez
    Chicagolopez Posts: 39 Member
    I think you add up the ingriedients yourself and see what you get. What happened the day after is a big indicator of how many carbs you. Keep trying to stay low carb, everything will fix itself eventually.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    I would estimate the pasta. 2 oz or 1/2 cup cooked fettuccine is 200 calories, 42 g of carbs. Based on the carb count in Olive Garden's Fettuccine alfredo I would guess that there is a cup of fettuccine. So, I would subtract 84 g carbs and 400 calories and add in the values for the broccoli.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Hmmm, I would still be a bit wary of their alfredo sauce because it could have flour and sugar added to it. The website says that 1 serving of their alfredo sauce for dipping has 9 carbs and 1 g fiber, but I don't know how big that serving is. They don't list sugar in their info. Just checked the Olive Garden allergen sheet and it confirms there is wheat/gluten in the alfredo sauce. The best indicator for me is how I feel after I eat something questionable at a restaurant. If it didn't ramp up your appetite or make you sluggish, maybe it would be okay to have once in a while.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks for the comments/suggestions! I actually felt great after (carbs usually make me sleepy and bloated). I was grabbing at straws trying to come up with something carb friendly at Olive Garden, which was no easy task! I guess maybe grilled salmon or the old standby chicken Caesar salad without croutons would be safer (but dang, that Alfredo was good).
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    I'm not a big Olive Garden fan and don't go often so I'm not sure if they even have this anymore, but I've ordered the parmesan crusted tilapia and asked them to do just the parm and no panko breadcrumbs . It was never a problem to order it that way and it was pretty tasty.