Just started Curves Complete :)

Options

Replies

• nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fara, There is an 85 year old lady at my Curves who did 2 circuts and then 45 min of Zumba! Talk about an inspiration, I want to be her when I grow up!!
  • yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just finished 3 weeks of Curves complete and down 13.5lbs :) so thrilled.......
  • email4jenp
    email4jenp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just joined Friday and had my 2nd workout today. I'm really enthusiastic about this program!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Just finished 3 weeks of Curves complete and down 13.5lbs :) so thrilled.......

Woohoo! Great job babe! Every time I get frustrated with myself I come on here and get a little more motivation. I haven't even been on Curves Complete a whole week yet but I find myself expecting crazy results...I will get them if I'm patient!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Patience and Persistance Works EVERY Time!!

Congratulations, Yopie!!
  • jodi_lynn1972
    jodi_lynn1972 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I signed up for Curves complete on Saturday :)
    My first day is Thursday, so excited to start the program.

I am also new to MFP. Started last Tuesday and I'm down 7.5lbs in one week.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome; And CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are doing Fabulous!!!
  • jodi_lynn1972
    Options
    I had my first day at curves yesterday. It was amazing. I definately underestimated how amazing(hard lol) the workout is. Previously I had a membership at the Y and lost over 40 pounds (all gained back now of course). But the Y has no support, no one cares if you actually show, and no one cares how hard you work out. I always thought I was working hard at the Y, I was getting results but I was also spending 2 - 3 hours a night there between the treadmill, circuit and aquafit.
    Excited for my second day tomorrow with my coach and even more excited to start my first full week Monday :)
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I had my first day at curves yesterday. It was amazing. I definately underestimated how amazing(hard lol) the workout is. Previously I had a membership at the Y and lost over 40 pounds (all gained back now of course). But the Y has no support, no one cares if you actually show, and no one cares how hard you work out. I always thought I was working hard at the Y, I was getting results but I was also spending 2 - 3 hours a night there between the treadmill, circuit and aquafit.
    Excited for my second day tomorrow with my coach and even more excited to start my first full week Monday :)

Glad to hear it Jodi! I totally underestimated how hard the work out would be too! It's a wolf in sheep's clothing, but I love it! Which machines do you love? Hate? Love and hate at the same time? In my opinion, the hardest ones are the ones where you work out your abs and your arm strength- I feel the burn, especially the 2nd time around! My gym is a very tight knit community and people notice if you don't show up (much unlike other gyms I've been to). For example, I ended up not going on a Wednesday like I'd planned on and on Thursday several women asked me what happened on Wednesday. I really love that because it makes it easier to commit!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: That interest and Support from the other members is what I miss most about Curves. You really do very quickly start to get involved with the other ladies and you DO Notice when someone misses a workout.
    "A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" is a GREAT way to describe the Workout -- Especially if you are doing Curves Smart!!
  • jodi_lynn1972
    Options
    Ya perfect for sure "wolf in sheeps clothing" :)
    Just got back from my second day. Monday I start on my own :)
    I like all the machines, but I've been really sore in my legs the past few days lol.
    Can't wait till I get my card so I can track exactly how Im doing on each machine.

Just in the two days I can tell how friendly everyone is. I paid for the y for probably 8 months
    before I finally cancelled it. No one cared if I didn't go they just kept taking their money.

I was hoping a friend of mine would join with me but she hasn't yet, so it helps that there is lots of support from
    everyone there :)
  • cwright31
    cwright31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I just started this past Monday and I love it so far. The support I have recieved so far is amazing!!! :happy:
  • jodi_lynn1972
    Options
    Good luck to you too :)
  • nhughes1864
    Options
    I have my one month weigh in tomorrow. I also measure tomorrow :) Hopefully I'll see a nice difference. I was down 10 pounds as of last week! If I have lost just 2 more pounds this week I will be at a total weight loss of 40 pounds since 2011!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Good Luck Tomorrow!!
  • nhughes1864
    Options
    I've lost 13 pounds since starting Curves Complete Jan 1st. I have OFFICIALLY lost 40 pounds total since I started this crazy adventure in 2011 and am now under 220 for the first time since I can remember :D
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: High Five!!! Congratulations!!
  • jodi_lynn1972
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!!!
  • ryamcshme
    Options
    I just joined this week. My first workout is tomorrow. :D
  • I just finished my 1 month mark of curves complete! Here are my stats (because I love numbers!)

Height: 5'6"
    SW:183
    CW:166
    GW:??

Bust: 37.5 37.25 -0.25
    Waist: 32 30 -2.00
    Abdomen: 38 -- --
    Hip: 45.50 43.50 -2.00
    Thigh*: 26.50 24.50 -4.00
    Arm*: 13.50 12.50 -2.00

*Thigh and Arm added 2x

BMI: 28.24 26.79 -1.45
    Body Fat: 49.18 46.65 -2.53

I am thrilled with the results and LOVE being apart of such a wonderful, encouraging atmostphere!!

Good luck and blessing to everyone!!!