New Girl Here

Options
Hi I'm Becky. I'm fairly new to my fitness pal. I'm 30 years old with 2 young boys and a husband. We have a small and zoo's worth of pets including dogs, cats, turtles, and hermit crabs. We live out in the middle of no where which is where we much prefer to be. A few years in the city and surrounding suburbs and we ran back to the peace and quite as soon as we could. We are slowly trying to convert over to eating as clean as possible. There are many reasons for this but mainly we think it just makes the most sense to eat less processed food grown or raised closer to home. It comes out cheaper in the long run anyway. The winter is harder because of the lack of local produce available we get as much as we can from local butchers and farmer markets. I not only want the food we eat to be the best we can get but I want my kids to understand where food comes from and what it should be like. I don't want to feed them things I am not even sure is food. We are also hoping an added benefit will be less allergy and behavior issues with the kids and more energy and less physical discomfort for all of us. Bloated bellies and sodium headaches don't make for fun parents. We aren't at 100% and a long way from being self sustaining though that is a goal I hope to get as close to as possible in the next few years.

Replies

• celial1105
    celial1105 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky!! Welcome! I'm Cecelia and am new to this group too. We live in the country in a mainly rural area. I'm really excited as our local CSA will begin taking orders for the 2013 season. BOXES AND BOXES of clean food coming our way starting in March and continuing through most of the winter. We have 6 chickens and love their eggs. My husband is celiac so we were involuntarily pushed into clean eating but it's definitely been a good move for all of us. We're definitely not there, even 75%, but will continue to try to eat more clean than otherwise.