Recovery post op

Options
2»

Replies

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    has anyone been EXHAUSTED in the middle of the days post-op?

That's normal. I actually felt sluggish and sleepy for three or four months after surgery. It's hard, but eventually your body gets used to the decreased caloric intake and goes back to normal. :-\
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm at 3 1/2 wks post op and just returned to work this Monday. I'm doing well, but definitely missing a nap during the day. Will need to really plan to keep up my walking now that I've added work back in.
  • shyster123
    Options
    It does totally depend on what you do. If you have a desk job that requires no heavy lifting or long periods of standing then a few weeks should do you. Thant being said, I'm a nurse and am on my feet 12 hours a day with lifting and moving patients after anesthesia. Therefore I took the whole six weeks off. i had my RNY on 7/24/13 and still have 2 weeks off. Main thing is to stay well hydrated and give yourself rest breaks or you can get into problems.
  • marieboyles
    Options
    Give it another week. At 2 weeks post op I worried that I wouldn't be ready to go back to work but by week four I was more than ready and feeling pretty good.