Hello, new here.

Options
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Kelly. I am 32 and a stay at home mom to three boys. I used to eat really clean but over the last year have gotten a little side track. This year I want to get back on track. I love to cook and try new things. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Replies

• Kersmudgekins
    Kersmudgekins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you ! It is hard for Mom's (and women) to put themselves first or even move ourselves up on the priority ladder.
    My husband has MS and it has been a long time since I thought of my self or my health first.

I have been eating clean for over a month now and love it. I use Tosca Reno's Clean Eating books for support.

How about you ?
  • mom23boys10
    Options
    I get a lot of clean eating magazine. I also follow quite a few real food and gardening blogs. The good thing is that my husband and my kids have been really open to eating clean. Most of my extended family also eats fairly clean.
  • emurfield
    emurfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm fairly new to the clean eating lifestyle, but I truly believe in its value and want to incorporate it as much as possible into my daily life. I also like Tosca Reno's book [I think it's] called "Just the Rules." I pick it up from time to time for tips and to stay motivated. There are also some interesting documentaries on Netflix that discuss the benefits of plant-based and/or clean diets.

I agree that it is TOUGH to eat clean with kids. I have a one-year-old and am due again in June. I find myself really wanting to make whatever is quickest and easiest, but I'm working on keeping cleaner things in my home to avoid temptation!
  • celial1105
    celial1105 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Cecelia and am eating cleaner than I ever have. No, not completely clean but way better than any other time in my life. Cooking daily (except tonight is a leftover night!!!) used to be such a challenge but became my key to success. Or if I knew it was going to be crazy, cooking ahead and freezing so I have no excuse to get too far off track.

I have 3 kids and a hubby, 1 dog, 1 cat, and 6 chickens who lay fabulous eggs. That's my story! :) Feel free to friend me.

Enjoy the journey!
  • Rldent
    Rldent Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi. Changing over to clean eating with kids is def a challenge but worth it in the end. I have a pretty anti-veggie eater and one with what I am going to call food related OCD. He will try most anything and loves raw veggies and other healthy foods. He however is bad about wanting routine in everything and if left up to him we would only eat cereal for breakfast and have grilled cheese for lunch each day. Luckily the husband is on board with the clean eating idea and is slowly starting to try new foods as well. I have found with my group if I put up a loose menu (I can't put Monday-tacos, Tuesday- chicken pasta and then eat tacos on Tuesday or they riot) it not only helps me stay on track but I get less hassle from the crew. I just make up a we will have these dinners this week list and make it visible for us all. It helps so much with shopping, we know what to expect so I don't feel as rushed, the kids can put in their suggestions, and since I'm not set on what day is what it's still open to change up a little if I need to.