exercise ideas

Options
Im running into an issue with not having time to do a great work out. so im looking to find things i can do during work which is a desk job, or while i am at home cooking and cleaning etc.. I know were are all busy working moms just trying to get some ideas to get more calorie burn in daily

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my exercise in by getting up earlier (before the kids) and squeezing in 10 or 15 minutes before the crazy day starts. And when I'm home with the kids, I try to do something they can do with me so I'm getting exercise and getting them to move, too.

The other day, I jogged alongside/mostly behind them as they rode their bikes, and then we played together in the snow. That was a calorie burn!

Today, we spent about an hour playing Wii games. Now, we're going to do Saturday chores...scrubbing the tub is a calorie burn at my house, too!
  • hansea47
    Options
    I also get an hour for my lunch break, and I will go for a walk outside for 20-30 minutes if it's nice outside.
  • leesey03
    leesey03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I joined a C25k group. I will jog three days a week and I enjoy spinning classes so I will do this 2x a week.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    thanks ladies i appreciate the ideas i sadly only hae 30 mins a day for lunch and i try to walk around during that cuz i eat lunch earlier at my desk. i live in wisconsin and the outside stuff is ok on the weekends cuz its day time but when i get home no time to go outside with my daughter. so i get to do the whole taking down the christmas stuff this week and cleaning so i think that will help plus my new exercise vid which will help too ^_^ thank you for your ideas they are great!
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In addition to hitting the gym during lunch breaks, I am trying to fit in time to play Just Dance on the Wii with my daughter several times a week. Not only is it a heck of a work out if you actually do the moves like the little weird people do, but it also ensures I get time with my daughter doing something she really enjoys as well (got to love that it's exercise for her too!).

I had once thought about buying one of those pedal things to put under my desk so I can work my legs a bit while working.

Good luck!
  • hansea47
    Options
    We do the Just Dance for Kids on the Wii, too! So fun!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is a good DVD workout that is just over 20 min long. I started with that one when I started workout DVDs. I am doing insanity now but I am finding I don't have time to do all of the insanity video each since being back at work this week.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    thank you ladies i started mama wants her body back vid this week good for working up to JM 30 day shred its a good workout but not as intense as JM. let me know how insanity works out