Whole 30 approved salad dressing ideas?

Options
mjslazak
mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
Although I will do the balsamic vinegar plus olive oil drizzle most of the time on my salad, I do like a good tangy dressing. Anyone have suggestions for yummy, zingy salad dressings that are Whole 30 approved? I typically use Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar, but read the ingredients today and saw that there's some vegetable oil (and possibly some soybean oil). OOOPS!! Any suggestions would be lovely!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I made one the other day with:

1 cup olive oil, 1 cup red wine vinegar, 2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 2 1/2 tsp. dried basil, 2 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard, Mix together and shake well.

I didn't use the dijon because mine, though organic, has cane sugar in it. It was AMAZING even without the dijon.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This is my current favorite

1 cup olive oil
    Juice from 2 or 3 lemons (meyers are my favorite)
    6 cloves of garlic
    1 T dijon mustard
    1 t salt
    1/2 t pepper
  • mjslazak
    Options
    Sound delish! Thanks!
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I mix up my own Asian Style dressing using some melted coconut oil, lime juice, a dash of fish sauce, grated/jarred ginger, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil. It's divine, especially served on a Thai Beef salad with coriander.
  • mjslazak
    Options
    Oh wow, Amanda, that sounds amazing! I will have to try it--soon!!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I buy the Tessemae's Whole 30 approved dressings/marinades to keep with me when I'm eating out or bringing a salad to work and I don't want to fool with making a dressing.

They're all VERY good, and since their ingredients are so clean, I can see myself continue to use them. Plus, they make GREAT marinades for chicken breast.
  • mjslazak
    Options
    I just discovered Tessemae's. So good!