The Holiday Flare ups!

Options
So I can't lie, I did NOT eat too good over the holidays and boy am I paying for it! All the different snacks and dips and sweets really caught up to me and now my stomach is hurting pretty bad!

Now I am getting back on track with foods and drinking lots of water!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any other suggest of what I can do to get back on track (besides the obvious of not doing it in the first place! LOL)!

Replies

• chefsusan
    chefsusan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am right with you. Although my problem was with gas, I would eat something that I shouldn't and I would be miserable the rest of the evening and night. I think that the doc has me in a good spot right now. Not much bleeding and such, just have to eat the right stuff. I did that yesterday for the first time is about a week, and low and behold, I didn't have any tummy problems last night. I was so glad. It encourages me to stay the program today.

So, GET BACK ON TO YOUR NORMAL DIET, it helps. lol Here's lots of encouragement to you!

I know it is very hard to get back on what you need to eat. I have been fighting it for a week.:wink:
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    That's great advice and exactly what I'm going to do! Thanks for your help!!!
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I am right there with you too! It's crazy what happens when you eat like crap :(
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Holiday eating didn't in and of itself disturb my UC, but I went to a hot yoga class nearly a week ago and had the worst flare I've ever had, which is too bad since I greatly enjoyed the class. I was running to the bathroom at least once an hour around the clock and lost so much blood that I'm surprised there is still blood flowing through my vessels. Sigh .......... now I'm afraid of hot yoga.