Yo!!! Cut Me, Mick!! Cut Me!!!

Options
Most of you that are my friends on here know i am a huge Rocky fan. I have been a fan of boxing for years, was a USA Boxing coach, did some boxing in my youth, and now, I am working on regaining my youth through being fit and healthy. I say all this because I want you to look at my SUBJECT for this post.
Rocky was facing a great adversity, he couldn't see out of his eye...easily he could have thrown in the towel and the fight would have been over, but he wanted to keep going. Can you see where I am headed?
You have reached an obstacle...maybe it seems like a moutain, for me it is my ankles...I am no superman...I could just throw in the towel, but what would that prove? Only one thing, I would be a quitter. We have to be strong mentally...our foe whether food or lack of motivation to exercise, heck, we can have a milion excuses. You got to make up your mind and look at the person staring back at you in the mirror. Ask yourself, who do I want to see looking back at me? The new me or the one who keeps finding reasons to give up. Don't keep telling yourself you can't do this because people do it every day. I know there are days when it seems you don't have the motivation to exercise...that is the best time to just do something, anything...take a walk..climb some stairs, just be active because once you sit down...you have thrown in the towel for the day.
So are you going to pursue your dream like Rocky did...even when he had to take the risks to fight the fight or are you going to go back to the locker room with your head hung down never knowing if you will reach your full potential. If you joined MFP, you did it for a reason...you are wanting change!! Then go for it!!! Nobody but you can stop you!!! Don't let quit in your head, because it will spread and you will probably quit. Instead, yell, Cut me, Mick!!!! Cut Me!! Give a little blood sweat and tears...BE YOUR BEST!!
I know I am because I am in this and I will box again one day. Even at my age, I know I can do it...even with bum ankles I am going to be the best me I can be and pursue my dreams. How about you?
Warrior63

Replies

• Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What a great post. I get so discouraged sometimes. I see people on tv, or read posts on MFP a out people that lose more than a hundred pounds in under a year, and think what is wrong with me that I can't do it. But the fact is I have accomplished a lot. It may be taking me longer but I haven't failed until I give up.