Hi there!

Options
I just wanted to introduce myslef. I'm 42, had my triple bypass at 38 and after gaining 50 pounds, I think it's high time I get off my butt. I've had type 1 diabetes forever and it's caused me a lot of problems. Not much of my heart left, neuropothty, legally blind and crippled up feet but I am ready to start feeling better. Hope to find some support and like-minded folks here!

Replies

• tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 47 had my first MI at 38. I started this at close to 150 pounds overweight last Febuary now only have 45 pounds to go. I wish you the best of luck on this journey.
  • kathyguminski
    Options
    WOW!! Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. That is quite the accomplishment.
    I'm impressed. This gives me hope. I would like to lose 40 more pounds and it seems like such a task. One day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement and same to you!
  • mparker22150
    Options
    H. I had a triple bypass last November. I'm now trying to keep my diet balanced which isn't too hard. It's the portion control I have problems with. Still, I left the hospital at 226lbs and am at 193 today.
  • Mister_Roy
    Mister_Roy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi people, it's 3 years after my quintuple bypass and I'm 51 now. Weight is basically Ok but if I stop paying attention it drifts up, so I'm back to MFPing at the moment. Things that catch me out are
    - focusing on the saturated fat content of food but ignoring the overall calories, so I eat food that's 'safer' but still put on weight as there's too much of it
    - finishing my wife's dinner as if that doesn't count :)
    - treating super-authentic food (locally sourced organic etc.) as if it is so virtuous it doesn't matter how much of it I eat
    - coffee
    - cakes and snacks left around at work
    - alcohol.
    Other than that i'm pretty disciplined :)