please add me as a friend

Options
Maylene1217
Maylene1217 Posts: 35 Member
I'm 3 years out. Went from 253 heaviest to 126 lightest. Currently tho I've settled down and have some slight regain. Current weight 153. I need to nip this in the bud. I've developed some very bad habits that I know if I can get the to quit them I can lose these pounds. I'd like to weigh 138 again. Loved myself at that weight! will do with 140 tho....

Need friends to help with motivation, also recipes etc...

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm only 3 months out myself and hope that I will be as successful as you have. I have lost from 246 to 179 so far. My surgeon's goal is 160 for me and I am 5'5" tall. My goal is about 135. I would be glad to add you as a friend and have mutual support!
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am six months out and am struggling. The last 6 weeks I have been falling back into alot of my old habbits and it is frightening. I feel that I am still very sincere about following the plan, but am looking for some motivation. Is there anyone else who had these difficulties so early on?
  • Maylene1217
    Maylene1217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my surgeons goal was 150. after reaching the 126 he asked me to gain a little, lol. at 140 he said that it was a good weight to mantain. however at my 3 year appt i was 150 and he said he was just find if i choose to stay there. i told him i was gonna go back to 140 tho. he has asked me to stay above 140....

i sometimes wonder why that number was picked....
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My guess from your story is that your doctor choose a higher number than you would like for your ultimate goal to avoid higher weight regain. Not that I agree with that, but I'm guessing that because when I spoke with my doctor about my goal weight, coming from 282 on the day of surgery, though I started my insurance program weighing 320 about 5 months earlier, she suggested I aim for 160ish (even though im 5'2). I want to get down to 140 or even lower, but she explained that for me to get and to that weight and maintain it would require a lot of work, perhaps more work than for the average person. She said I would need to watch every bite of food that went into my mouth and constantly exercise. At this time I am still aiming for the 140s but I see her point of stopping at a higher weight so that there is more of a leeway for my day-to-day eating and prevent my regaining weight in the long-term.

I know you can get down to you low weight! Good luck!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I will add you as a friend. I had sleeve surgery 6/11/12 so I am almost 7 months out. I started pre op at 270 and lost 47 before surgery and have lost 74 pounds since surgery, right now I am at 149. I am 5'4" and would like to be between 130-140. My surgeon didn't give me a weight goal. I asked at my last appt, the 6 months one and they said as long as I wasn't on any meds and healthy that I was a success. When I first started the program the nut. said success to them is loosing 65% of your excess weight, so I guess I have made both those goals. They did tell me being 130-140 at my height would be a good BMI.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I'll add you. I had RNY 14 months ago. My doctors goal weight for me was 140-145. My own personal goal weight was 125. I reached it and felt great. Then the holidays came around and I lost my job..I gained 10 pounds!! Working hard to get back to 125..Today I weighed in at 132.5
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I added you. I had my sleeve surgery 2 years ago. started at 250. goal weight was 150. got down to 175 in the first 8 months. then I started gaining. I gained back 35lbs. I developed worse eating habits than I had prior to surgery. started eating candy constantly. My theory was "it's just a half bag of M&M's. how bad can it be?" I am back on track & have lost 5 lbs in the first week. I have alot of food issues.
    It's funny how the weight just falls off as long as you follow a good eating plan. I just have to stay away from junk food all together.