Day 5 and its the weekend

Happy weekend,

Do you eat more or less at the weekend?

I like to bake and weekends are the time when I can. I'm Not going to bake this weekend, but going to cook some skinny dinners instead.

Also what about drinking at weekends... I want a glass of wine, but felt guilty. Hold on I don't want a diet with guilt.

Xxx

Replies

• I'm going for a Chinese. So that answers that. But I am going to attempt sensible choices. And as for drinking, somehow avoided wine and beer yesterday and had a couple of vodka and sodas instead. Massive change for me!
    God I'd love a glass of wine!!
  • I usually eat crappy on weekends and I love my wine! If you want a glass of wine, have it. One glass is 5 ounces, ranging from 115-120 calories. A glass of wine a day is good for us, so to just splurge on a glass or two on the weekend should be a guiltless treat.

Enjoy!
  • Chargaile
    Chargaile Posts: 22 Member
    I will stick to what I cook at home. I normally get into serious trouble when I eat out. I have very good intentions, but the smell and sight of all the "not so healthy and fattening foods" weakens me every time. So, for me, it is better to do what I know will work, eat at home.

I keep things cooked and ready to eat, that way, I don't grab any quick thing I can find.

I love a salad, so, I mix iceberg lettuce, romaine, chopped carrots and chopped broccoli slaw mix in a large plastic container. That way I have a salad ready, then I can add tomatoes or edamame or garbanzo or cheese, etc. to the salad. I also keep frozen Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast fillets on hand, pop in the microwave for a few seconds and you have a quick meal.

Good luck everyone on this journey.
  • Chargaile
    Chargaile Posts: 22 Member
    Forgot to mention, I have 4 1/2 oz. of chocolate flavored rum most every night. I mix 1 1/2 oz. with diet lemon/lime drink. That will make 3 drinks. I love my adult beverages, I won't sacrifice everything I enjoy. Got to have at least one guilty pleasure.
  • ToriaStitch
    ToriaStitch Posts: 62 Member
    Not looking forward to tonight, we are going to friends and they don't know yet that I've started MFP!

Don't know what they are planning for us to eat but I know it will involve when we arrive at least 2 bowls of crisps/snacks on the table prob 1-2 bottles of wine and a M&S meal (they don't cook!)

I will do what I can and not eat the snacks and try and cut down on the wine, been ill since before New Year so may want a catch up from not celebrating, my weigh in isn't until Thursday so going to be really good for the rest of the week

Lets keep together on this and keep strong :)
  • gail4721
    gail4721 Posts: 75 Member
    One week at a time is a good idea. Before you know it that one week will be 2, 3, 4 and more. Little successes are your best bet. As for going out to a friend's house for a party. YOU CAN DO IT and don't have to feel guilty. Just eat at home before you go there. Stay away from the food/snack table. For every alcoholic drink, have a glass a water in between. If you use a non-clear glass/cup (red solo cups work well)lol no one will know what you are drinking anyway. And eat what you want, but portion it out. Don't just eat out of the bowl...give yourself a plate...put what you want on it. Make is a conscious effort to lose weight. No one has to know if you dont want them too. NEVER EVER deprive yourself of food you love!!! Just have LESS of it...you will be happy when you see LESS of you when the week is done. Good luck.:smile: