Favorite meals?

What's your favorite LCHF meals or recipes? I'm fishing for ideas, I tend to eat the same foods over and over whether I'm doing LCHF or the dreaded counting calories.

Replies

• munzaga
    munzaga Posts: 10 Member
    I tend to make a lot of quiches with my favorite veggies. Sometimes I mix in cream cheese. It makes it richer and tasty
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    My dinners consist of either fish, chicken or steak with spinach or broccoli that has been sauteed in EVOO with garlic. My current fave thing to do with chicken breasts is to spread mayonnaise over the top and coat with grated parm....bake at 425 for about 18 minutes.. I also love broiled salmon and steak (or grilled in good weather). Also hot wings with blue cheese dip, carrot & celery sticks; big salads with cheese and meat/fish, tacos/fajitas in lettuce leaves or occasionally lo-carb tortillas; braised chicken thighs over spaghetti squash....

Lunches: Bacon and fried eggs, tuna salad scooped up with celery sticks, rolls of ham or salami with provolone cheese, chicken and vegetable soup.

Snacks: Pepperoni chips

OP, what are you currently eating? I am always looking for ideas too....
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    I eat bacon and eggs everyday at work for breakfast.
    I'm eating alot of salads topped with some meat to fill me up for lunch and sometimes leftovers. Dinner, usually a meat (chicken, steak, ground beef patties, and a veggie, that I almost always cook in bacon grease, or coconut oil. My diary is open to friends if you're interested, send me a request. If you're curious about how it's cooked or anything, just ask. :) I'm trying to stick to just meat, veggies and fat for now.
  • I actually just added a recipe to my diary the other day for Curried Beef Stuffed Peppers. I found the recipe on Whole Food's website and modified it so it had no grains or fruit, and I also subbed in regular ground beef for the ground turkey the recipe called for. It was pretty easy to put together.

1.5lb lean ground beef (I used 90/10)
    6 medium bell peppers
    2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
    1 large yellow onion
    2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    6 cloves garlic, diced
    2 medium zucchini, finely chopped
    1 cup canned coconut milk
    2 tbsp (or more) mild curry powder

Preheat oven to 350.

You can par-boil your bell peppers first (cook in boiling water for 3 minutes, then run under cold water until completely cool), but I didn't bother because I like my peppers a little crispy. In any event, set them aside in a shallow baking dish, arranged so they are touching.

Turn your skillet up to medium heat and add your oil, then add yellow onion. Cook until slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add ground meat and brown thoroughly. Do not drain the fat! Add garlic, zucchini, and lemon juice, and continue to cook until all veggies are tender and there is a fair bit of moisture collected in the bottom of the skillet. Now add the coconut milk and curry powder, and mix thoroughly. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.

Spoon meat mixture into peppers, evenly distributed, then pour extra curry sauce over tops. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until peppers are tender.

You can serve with a side of whole grain if you like, like quinoa, but I do no grains whatsoever so I skipped this and honestly it was fine without. The nutrition information is as follows:

Per Serving (1 stuffed pepper): 382 calories 15g carb 25g fat 25g protein

Not the most low carb or high fat, but still very satisfying and easy to fit into your day, I thought. Also, its really good for lunches since it makes 6 peppers so you'll likely have leftovers!
  • Sarah83E
    Sarah83E Posts: 12 Member
    Best thing I have eaten so far is pan fried pork chops in butter, with sauteed white button mushrooms and a sliced avocado on top! SO GOOOOOD!!!!

Also this is something I want to try! It looks AWESOME!

http://fastpaleo.com/ketogenic-pizza-with-bacon-crust/
  • siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    Here's a crock pot favorite:

http://www.semihomemademom.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-salsa-chicken.html

I just use either low carb tortilla wraps (or no wraps at all)
  • siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    I have a TON of LCHF (low carb high fat) recipe links here:

http://pinterest.com/siblita/
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    I have a TON of LCHF (low carb high fat) recipe links here:

http://pinterest.com/siblita/

Thanks for the link! Will follow!
  • Mrswrp
    Mrswrp Posts: 23 Member
    BUMP
  • Pasture-raised roasted pork belly with a half of a sweet potato and full-fat organic sour cream.
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    My favorite meal is chicken breast stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon, broccoli slaw and caesar salad (no croutons). :happy: :love: :bigsmile:
  • I've found quite a few resources that have been really useful. I'm not sure if this website has been mentioned yet, but EVERY Atkins person I've met so far has recommended it: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

Otherwise, these links are my go-to for recipe ideas:
    Induction Breakfasts: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=126133
    Induction Mains: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125868
    Induction Desserts: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313912
    Induction Snacks: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313262
    Induction Veggies: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313288

Goodluck!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    My favorites are:

1) Chicken & Broccoli cooked in butter, with a little added Alfredo sauce (check carb count)
    2) Taco Salad (ground beef, cheese, sour cream and avocado on a bed of lettuce)
    3) Beef Stir Fry (sliced beef cooked in bell pepper, onion and mushroom)
    4) Beef patty with mushrooms and swiss cheese melted on top
    5) Beef franks with a hot dog sauce (check carb content!!!), topped with chopped onions and cheese
    6) Meatballs with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (again check carb content) topped with parmesan cheese
    7) Ceasar Salads with grilled chicken
    8) pepperoni chips (oven cooked pepperoni slices til crispy) with cream cheese
    9) Eggs and Bacon/Sausage/Ham are staples of daily low carbing for me!

If I can find the white low carb tortilla, I will slice in pieces and fry, eat with guacamole (homemade with cumin, sea salt and a splash of lime juice)

Dessert: Sugar free jello and whipped topping, I love the Bryers Low Carb chocolate bars/ice cream and the atkin bars (they do not stall me thank goodness)

It's just finding a balance you can live with. I probably do not eat the BEST way, but its working!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    There are a few things I really love:

Ribeye steak fried in butter - as the steak cooks, I keep basting it with the melted butter. I also add a whole garlic clove and sprig of rosemary to the melted butter, and it releases the most delicious flavour into the butter.

Mashed cauliflower (as in fake mashed potatoes) made with cream cheese and heavy cream. OMG so good!

Devilled eggs! An oldie but a goodie!

For breakfast, I love to eat eggs A La Milanese - which is fried eggs, topped with a heavy sprinkling of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese and asparagus spears that we're fried in butter. OMG, so elegant and delicious. Make sure you sprinkle the grated cheese when eggs are hot out of the pan so it melts real nice!

Ever tried Scotch Eggs? Take hard boiled eggs, and cover with your favorite raw sausage ground meat mix. Fry the meat-egg balls in oil or butter. Looks real cool served by cutting the brown balls in half and seeing the egg core, and nice served on some salad leaves. So basic but oh so good. Serve with your favorite mustard.

I also love eggs A La Diavola - which is done by cooking eggs in tomato sauce and topping with grated mozzarella cheese. So delicious if you let the eggs cook just long enough to let the egg whites set and keep the yolks runny. Great way to use up left over tomato sauce.

Rack of lamb, rubbed with a dressing made with lemon juice, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, thyme and chopped garlic. Roast in oven until done, take them out and slice through each chop. OMG, the chops are like delicious lollipops.

Pork ribs, slathered in a butter and lemon and extra virgin olive oil mix, sprinkled with sage and chopped garlic and roasted at low temp until meat fall off the bone. Like dying and going to heaven.

Fresh large sea scallops browned in butter and served on a bed of shaved fennel salad - yummo!

Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella slices and fresh tomato slices and a few fresh basil leaves and doused in extra virgin olive oil.

Or Niçoise salad with string beans, romaine lettuce, chopped olives, avocado, sliced boiled eggs, tuna packed in olive oil, capers and topped with your favorite salad dressing.

I can go on and on, but I will stop now.
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    I'm a big fan of Taco Salad!

Pinterest has been such a great spot for helping me find new LCHF meal ideas. Just tough not to get sucked in for too long. I have so many things I want to try now. I really like finding easy crock pot meals.

Feel free to add me to friend list if you want a fellow LCHF friend and support :wink:
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Wow these are some serious amazing ideas ! I'm not very imaginative when it comes to this diet THANK YOU !
  • I have plenty of low carb high fat meals but very few that are high fat enough to keep me in the 70/10/20 range.

Chicken has a lot of protein (actually all meat does!) and the amount of fat I would have to add to get it to be 70% of my meal would be calorie overload. I've tried, haven't found a way to make it work while keeping the meal in a reasonable calorie range.

For dinner most nights I have cheesecake (butter, cream, cream cheese, cocoa, splenda). It works out to just over 500 calories and is basically a fat bomb but better IMO.

My breakfast is a flaxmeal cinnamon muffin (quite small size), 1 oz. cheddar cheese and 4 tbsp cream in my coffee.

Lunch is cream of mushroom or broccoli cheddar soup and once a week I have a can of tuna in oil with 4 tbsp mayo, 1/2 bell pepper cut up and mixed in and 1 Almond bun. I put the tuna salad in the bun and the rest I eat on it's own.
  • My current fav is oven fried chicken. First you take pork rinds and blend them up finely and mix with parm cheese. Then You coat the chicken in mayo and roll in the parm/rind mixture and bake in oven! So delish!

I also make breadless pizza I just take my loaf pan and spread pizza sauce in the bottom and top with cheese and whatever toppings I want and bake in the oven. Can be microwaved but better baked!

I also make poppy seed chix casserole but nix the ritz crackers and use pork rinds :-)
  • mjrose514
    mjrose514 Posts: 60 Member
    Bump! some really great ideas!