Northerners

Options

Replies

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi all i live in Manchester with my wife and child but born and raised in Sunderland (100% Mackem)

Looking to lose the weight so i am around to see my son grow up

Overlooking the Mackem bit a moment ;) Thats a great motivation (kids) and really what got me started. They only get heavier and I want to be able to pick them up as long as I can and be around as they grow!
  • kiz81
    kiz81 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all im from darlington. Still got a way to go but im getting there :)
  • heth120
    heth120 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm at Stockton-on-Tees in the North East. Lost 10lb so far but still have 60 or so to go...heres hoping! :happy:
    I'm also doing intermittent fasting, but doing two days a week rather than specific times a day (Sunday and Wednesday fast until 5pm then have 500cals max for those days). I also bought a FitBit, as I have days that are really high cal burners and some that are not so much, so wanted a better idea of when it is okay to eat a bit more. Seems to be working so far...:bigsmile:
  • little_un83
    little_un83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm from Northwich in Cheshire (but originally from Rochdale!). Lost over 3 stones using MFP and playing football a while ago, but then knackered my knee. 2 operations and lots of physio later and I'vve piled on the weight again so back on here, and getting more active!
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am from Yorkshire and I am rather new at this
  • DarrelBirkett
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am from Yorkshire and I am rather new at this

No problem, plenty here if you need pointers. Just yell!
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm from North Lincolnshire and have been using MFP for a good few years but I'm determined to stick with it this time and shift the weight for good! I've binned off the faddy diets in favour of simple, home-cooked and low fat food and it's working, 6lb off so far in 2 weeks.... only 78lb to go!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Leeds and have been on here for a year now, and have some brilliant friends on this site. Just trying to maintain my weight from now on.

I have been doing New Rules of Lifting since May and love it and have started mixing it up with High Intensity Interval Training.

Did my first Tough Mudder in November and am doing the Yorkshire one in October. Always looking for Northern supportive friends.
  • starryskies_16
    starryskies_16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in West Yorkshire, joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and I've about 80 lbs to lose in total, but I'm starting with trying to lose about 60 lbs. I've been up and down on the scales like a yo-yo for years so I know it's going to be slow going, but I am determined to shift the weight this year. I'd appreciate friends who are good for helping keeping me motivated - and who I can help motivate in return! - as I think getting fed up and losing motivation is going to be my biggest stumbling block.
  • DarrelBirkett
    Options
    Here we go again folks (snow!), you all bracing yourselves ;)

Hopefully we'll just get a flurry and will be gone by next week. Looks stunning, but its so damn inconvenient..
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm from Liverpool but live in Surrey (not through choice!) I've been here for 6 months and although I've got back into the habit of doing regular exercise in the form of walking and eating regularly and sensibly.

I lost 21 lb before joining this site, mainly because I had put 7lb on it straight back on again and I didn't want it all to return!

I have stayed the same weight (157lb) so I have just started IF after reading the article in the Mail on Sunday.
  • fatmanonadiet
    fatmanonadiet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I also live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, looking to drop 60 lbs total to get back into playing Rugby for Whitley Bay Rockcliff!

Thinking about joining the 5k club at the parkrun on saturdays, but need to complete the C25K first (just wish this snow would go away so i could start!!!!)
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Leeds lad born and bred here :smile:, but for my sins I'm currently living in the midlands.
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ey up
    Smack bang inbetween Leeds, York and Harrogate. Dont post often enough but thought I should join the northern army. Is it worrying that there are so many of us on here or should we be encouraged? mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone
    I'm from lancashire, near Lancaster. Nice to know there's a few of us northerners on mfp :o)
    Kerry x
  • simon_rider
    simon_rider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello from Skipton, first 14lbs done,another 28lbs to go..... its getting tougher. Just bought a fitbit tracker for a bit of extra motivation!
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello from Skipton, first 14lbs done,another 28lbs to go..... its getting tougher. Just bought a fitbit tracker for a bit of extra motivation!

I love my Fitbit, I wouldn't be without it now!

I've also just realised I've not introduced myself in here either, I'm from Leeds!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi - Im based i Chester! :)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    From Sheffield, joined MFP app about 2 weeks ago, just logged onto the site for first time today :) Wanting to lose about 4 stone in 6 months (if possible/healthy) :)
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Leeds here, feel free to add peeps :) I need to get back on the wagon and lose 4st