Northerners

Options

Replies

• weaselle16
    weaselle16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    From near Chester, 12lb down so far this year which is astounding for me and my track record! Flailing a bit trying to keep going but still determined!! Add me if you like :)
  • sarah75x
    sarah75x Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Darrel :smile:
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm a Northerner expat presently living in Devon. Only been on here a few days and sort of doing the 5:2 diet. I've got 95lbs to lose and so far its seems ok..
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm a Northerner expat presently living in Devon. Only been on here a few days and sort of doing the 5:2 diet. I've got 95lbs to lose and so far its seems ok..
    Oops forgot to say I'm originally from Preston, Lancashire.
  • this_time_nextyear
    Options
    I'm from Blackpool. Anyone stupid enough to try the Tough Mudder North West this year? Need to shift the pounds and up the strength by then :)
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Todmorden, when I'm actually at home.
  • Garf255
    Garf255 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Glossop for me.

Lost 27lbs since July 2012 but currently seemed to have plateaued at around 167/168lbs and its taking some time to get it back going again even though I'm watching what I'm doing and exercising.

Looking to reach a target of 160lbs.

:0)
  • Kia2878
    Options
    Hallo - brand new on here and am just outside Newcastle Upon Tyne :happy:
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello from Sheffield - been on here just over a month and lost just over 8 pounds, which I'm quite pleased with.
  • LauraAXL
    LauraAXL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in a town called Darlington, in the true North! (North East) I've never understood why people say Manchester is North.. I class it as midlands!
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    Manchester is technically the North West,

But been from Sunderland i know what ya mean haha
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't understand why you'd call anywhere in England north! From Shetland.
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We had a Spanish teacher at school from Spain who insisted Sheffield was the Midlands because it's in the middle. Shall we say northern is a state of mind?
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Shall we say northern is a state of mind?

Its a lifestyle, a way of life, a religion.
  • Yellowlass
    Options
    I'm from Lancs, i've lost my weight, so just need to maintain now, nice to meet you all :~)
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a Geordie (as if the name didn't give it away) :) 50lbs down, another 25-30ish to go.
    Just got myself a fitbit as I was curious about how inactive my average non exercise days are and wanted to push myself to go for at least 5 miles a day in steps.
    ps - anywhere south of York is clearly in the South!!! I resisted the urge to say anywhere south of the Tyne. :P
  • lelly1981
    lelly1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi every one i'm from manchester

have lost just over 2stone over last 4 months and have just joined mfp and have about another 3stone to go. would love any hint tips or just motivation. so please feel free to add me n shout at me when i'm doing wrong n tell me to stop being a wimp when i'm moaning

:smile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Manchester too, but I have family in the North East and I'm definitely a northerner :)
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm a Geordie (as if the name didn't give it away) :) 50lbs down, another 25-30ish to go.
    Just got myself a fitbit as I was curious about how inactive my average non exercise days are and wanted to push myself to go for at least 5 miles a day in steps.
    ps - anywhere south of York is clearly in the South!!! I resisted the urge to say anywhere south of the Tyne. :P

The "real" north ;p

Great progress by the way!
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't understand why you'd call anywhere in England north! From Shetland.

A fair point, but "Northern England" if that helps ;)