Starting this Monday, excited, but a little apprehensive

Options
2»

Replies

• mylla013
    mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. It definately had me breathing hard, BUT I wasn't dying by the time I got home. My legs are a tiny bit stiff today, but otherwise okay. I'm going to stick with this as much as I can. I have never been a runner. Even in high school it took me 20 minutes to do a mile (I walked a LOT of it). Hopefully this will let me be a runner for the first time in my life and help with weight loss and discipline. I'm excited!
  • lapocienta
    lapocienta Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D2. Feel OK. Not "great!", but at least "Ok". How is everyone else doing?
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I just finished W1D2. Feel OK. Not "great!", but at least "Ok". How is everyone else doing?

I did w1d2 today as well. My calves and shins were still a little tender from day 1 (Monday), but I did it anyhow. they were burning pretty good by the third run interval. by the end they were kind of numb. I imagine they will let me know about it tomorrow.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im in week 2.....my advice would to definitely use decent shoes. Cross Trainers and the like, warm up and down and stretch.
  • bharris71
    bharris71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D1 today. It felt great other than it was so windy, I could hardly breathe. I am going to have to find another route away from the wind. Can't wait to complete the program!!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!! I finished week 8 one month agon (12/7/12) and was so excited that I could jog for 30 minutes. Since then, I've increased my total running time to a max of 43 minutes which was my first 5k only jogging distance. Today I decided to start over with C25k but to jog all the "walks" and really try to "run" all the runs (instead of jogging). I'm thrilled with what I ended up accomplishing.

So, I just got back from my 45 minutes workout. Walked 5 minutes, then jogged the c25k warm-up. I ran the "runs", and jogged the "walks"... with only a few walk breaks in between. Honestly I didn't think I'd be able to do that much. All told, I accomplished 2.5 miles in 33 minutes. I then finished out with a walking 7 min cool-down. Wow!

All that is to say, you can do this! I went from being the "I hate to sweat" person, to loving running in the rain... which a good thing living in the pacific northwest! :laugh:

I like your idea. Thanks for sharing it!
  • melwa
    melwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I did w1d2 today as well. My calves and shins were still a little tender from day 1 (Monday), but I did it anyhow. they were burning pretty good by the third run interval. by the end they were kind of numb. I imagine they will let me know about it tomorrow.

Agree - my breathing was fine but my shins are screaming. I'm not pushing myself. Can't expect to go from couch potato to jogging every 90 secs so am jogging as much as I can, walking the rest, and building up to the reps. So I guess I'm in pre-W1D1 :)
    Keep at it, peeps!
  • mylla013
    mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did W1D2 on Wednesday also. My legs were fine (though I can feel it a bit in my muschles today), but have to work on the breathing. On top of that, I had a cold and it was freezing outside. I would rather go to the track, but my 6 year is my little cheerleader and runs with me and she isn't allowed on the track so we stay in the neighborhood.
  • Darrellotteson
    Darrellotteson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

Just started C25k on Wednesday and today I'm kinda sore. Day 2 is tomorrow for me. I'm on a treadmill for now so i'm gonna watch my speed as someone earlier brought up. Running is so different at 55 than it was at 25. Its tough on the ego at times but I'm at a stage where I just want to achieve the goal of running a 5k from start to finish....could care less about the time at this point.

Feel free to friend me. I'm looking for fellow runners who are going through the same things as I am

Darrell
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Week 1 complete. MUCH less sore after w1d3 than I was after w1d1 and w1d2. I take that as a good sign. My body is actually getting used to this.