Stale mate

Options
Hello Ladies,

I have hit my first plateau :(

I have weighed 63.4 - 63.7 pretty much everyday for 2 weeks.

Any advice!?

Kiki xx

Replies

• HannahWastlund
    Options
    Try eating different foods! When you eat the same foods for a prolonged period, your body tends to get use to them!

Try calorie cycling! For example! If you're doing 1400 cals a day, try doing 1200 one day and 1600 the other. Your body won't be able to adjust and it will keep your metabolism guessing!

Also, if you're excercising..try doing different workouts! If you've been doing the recumbant bike or something, amp it up a bit or go on another machine!

I hope this helps you!!!! : ) Plateaus are COMPLETELY normal. Also, take into account that your organs must shrink to keep up with your body. It's perfectly healthy, just don't freak out :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    First of all... I definitely wouldn't call that a plateau. I had one for almost 10 months!!

But if it persists and you can't seem to get the scale to budge, then I agree with Hannah about calorie cycling, though. And you do have to switch up your workout routine. What finally broke mine besides getting my hormones fixed was, re-calculating my calorie goals, and I took a couple of weeks off of cardio. So when I started back up again, I started losing weight again FINALLY!

Also, how many calories are you eating? You could possibly not be getting enough food, so your body could be trying to preserve. I know what a ***** plateaus are... So if I can help, let me know!
  • kiki92xx
    Options
    I had solid weight loss everyday for months, lost .5kg a week consistently. Thats the only reason I am worried about being stuck for two weeks. I guess chirstmas and New Year were in there as well. But the past week I have been eating <1000cal because it has been so hot and my appetite has dissapeared.

Anyway enough winging about holidays and heat! So I started calorie cycling today and I am thinking of joining a gym. Laps of the park are clearly boring my body!

Thank you for the advice!

Kiki xx