Support for waist while running?

jessiekanga
jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
Hi all-

I feel awkward posting this but I need to believe someone has before and I just can't find it. I'm currently 5'3" and 203. I started losing at 250 about 3 years ago. About two years ago, I started jogging, but couldn't keep with it. The pain around my mid-section, hips, belly was significant for days, and didn't get better with time. I went back to walking/elliptical, but eventually just stalled out for two years (exercise and weight loss).

I'm trying again, am down almost 50 pounds, and the same hips/stomach, muscle strain is happening. I just completed W5D3 Thursday, but today couldn't complete W6D1...I hurt. I'm wondering if anyone has found anything to support their mid-section when jogging, but still allows one to breathe (i.e. no Spanx). I think the lose skin, the pulls on the skin, etc are all factors, as the pain actually seems to be more significant the less I weigh. I want to break this 200lb barrier for good, and don't want this to frustrate me to the point of stopping.

Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks so much!

Replies

• teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Go to a maternity/newborn store and get a support band. They make that go around your midsection for c-section support. You can call around and find a store that carries them. It's just a midsection support. That should work really well.
    Jac
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Don't spanx breathe for you? I am using a tank with mid-section control. I am 5'4", 189, and 42yo...so we are similar. My highest measured weight was 247, but I think I probably broke 250. I don't carry most of my weight in my midsection, but middle age and kids did thicken me a bit.

I had also been thinking of using some old pantyhose with a high waisted control top and thigh control to cover all those areas (would have cut off the legs). However, on digging through my drawers, I found I no longer own any. Lol. So out came my tank that I wear under regular clothes...sometimes. I figured it would get more use running, and I plan on it being too big for it to be needed for regular use much longer.

Oh, yes...what about the Kymaro shapers? I found one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They are a mesh-type of fabric, so should breathe better. They are in a pink box, found near the exercise equipment type items.