First Check In January 6 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brooke,
    Glad to have you. Goals look great, crunches all week--you rock!!!
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Collie Girl,
    If are able to check out mapmydogwalk app for your phone. It is free and fun to keep track of your walk with your personal trainer.
    Marla
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love your long term reward!

Who wouldn't want some bling when you have the great toned body acheived by hard work and determination!
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I also just found this post today, and am excited to join. It is my first day with the fitbit, so any advice/suggestions on how to get the most accurate readings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for starting this group. I read the post about the "walk your dog" app, and my precious retriever is going to love, love, love it!

Tammi
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Tammi,
    Glad to have you, and your retriever :) Fitbit advice so far...I found for me it works best on my bra in the middle, and when you do road trips don't set it on the console--wear it, but know there is an "exercise" that says automobile and it will recalculate based on time you are in the car...found that out the hard way when I drove home from Florida and it said I climbed 87 flights of stairs. :laugh:
    Look forward to your posts,
    Marla
  • laura920
    Options
    So I measured myself last night! YIKES, if that isn't incentive I don't know what is! Didn't do the before pictures though, maybe I can bring myself to do that tonight!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So I measured myself last night! YIKES, if that isn't incentive I don't know what is! Didn't do the before pictures though, maybe I can bring myself to do that tonight!

I measured myself this morning and I took the before pictures and it's not pretty ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For additional motivation I put my front, side and back shots into a 3way collage photo and made it the back ground picture on my phone! Luckily I have a lot of apps that block most of the picture but I know what's there! I also wrote out my short and long term goals on a piece of paper yesterday and I plan on re-writing them on an index card so I can tape it to my bathroom wall, and put on on my fridge. If I think of any other places I should post it, i'll do that too!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ehilgenberg10

Going gluten-free is not an easy task, since it is in everything! You will feel different when you do, especially if you think that you have a sensativity to it...feel better. I have to be glutenfree, I have worked through many issues so far, much more to do. I would buy a gluten-free bread mix and bake it, slice it, feeze it and have it on hand when you require a bread product. PM me if you have any questions, I will try to hlep...from my personal knowledge and experiene.
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marla.

I woke up this morning and I had a reward in my inbox for walking up 15 flights of stairs. So... either I sleep walk, or I am doing something wrong :) I did forget to push the button before going to bed so it didnt record sleep. Now I have this pesky reward (i like it, but I didn't earn it) that I don't know how to get rid of :(

That being said, I feel that I ate better yesterday just knowing that I would be hanging out with you guys for the next few months. I love the groups. Thanks for starting this challenge.

Tammi
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Tammi, go into your fitbit.com site and select customer service...they have been terrific and will tell you what to enter to negate your 15 flights :) sleep well tonight, but stay in bed :happy:
    Let me know how fitbit tells you to correct this...it may be the same automobile entry....
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Lucky 2013--Here is my luckiest day so far....

Awesome exercise day -- so far 12,758 steps, 11 flights of stairs, 5.41 miles, 1712 calories burned, ab tape complete, weights (strength training) on arms done, wonderful walk with all three dogs--great training opportunities with dogs...Lucky Puppy would be proud, they held sit and attention for a lonnnnnnnnnng time. Feeling good. Now for something to drink (water). How has your day been...I see Linda has been rocking down the house.
    Marla