New here

Options
Hello,

I'm so glad that there's a group like this on MFP! I have been a believer in clean eating (although I never knew there was a name for it until today) for a long time. I certainly haven't practiced it as consistently as I'd like in the recent past. I was a vegetarian for a long time in my younger days and have only recently begun to cook for myself from scratch again. I live near a wonderful food co-op where I buy grains, nuts, herbs and spices in bulk, in addition to fruits and veggies. I subscribe to the 80/20 rule because there are some processed foods I crave and, as long as i eat them in moderation, do not want to give up.

I have a lot of weight to lose and eating clean is the only way that makes sense to me. This is very much of a life style choice for the long-term. I've never understood weight loss plans based on fake foods. I don't mean to be judgmental but it's not a weight loss strategy that works for me.

Please feel free to read my profile. I would love to meet others in this group who would like mutual support and encouragement.

Stephanie

Replies

• celial1105
    celial1105 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie!! Looks like you're well on your way to conquering your final frontier! :)

I love the variety of people in these groups. Some are 100% clean eating, some take your stance of moderation on the other stuff, and some are just venturing into clean eating with baby steps. Vegans, vegetarians, meat lovers, we're all here!!! I'm a meat lover who is also using Isagenix products to get me back in line.

So glad you're here and can't wait to see your progress!