Weekly challenge January 8-15 - love yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok, so, I am really bad about updating! I love to read the post and you all are so encouraging. Here is my weekly challenge:

Tues-I love that I love my job.
    Wed-I love that I get up every morning to go to the gym (I love my gym.)
    Thurs-I love that I was blessed with a wonderful son and spontaneous husband.
    Fri-I love that I can picture myself thin even though I'm not there yet.
    Sat-I love that I my life is never boring!
    Sun-I love being able to walk by a pan of brownies and not even trying one tiny bite.
    Monday-I love that I have the dedication to track every bite in MFP!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love that I cleaned out my closet this week and got rid of THREE garbage bags full of stuff that I'll never wear again...because it's all too BIG. Yay!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love that I reached my walking goal 10 out of the last 15 days.

The old me (the me I'm trying hard to shed) would have beat myself up for coming up short 5 of the last 15 days.
  • fresh_start59
    Options
    Ok this might not sound very positive but, I love the fact that today is the first day I didn't cry at all, after my breakup and I am feeling better by writing it here where I won't be judged.

This is positive, provided that allowed yourself time to grieve the loss of your relationship.

There is NOTHING wrong with crying!
    It is when we don't allow ourselves to cry over our hurts that we have a problem. (believe me, I know)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Today I love how I feel in my skin. I feel thinner and more sexy, even though I still have a fat *kitten*! Lol. I'm more confident.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today I love that I am finally starting to notice the changes in my body. I look in the mirror and can finally see the smaller person that's there...instead of seeing the person that was there four months ago.
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love that I don't feel guilty that I completely fell (jumped) off the wagon yesturday and today I'm right back on track. No self-recrimination just acceptance that is a first for me:happy: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • demilade
    Options
    Today I love how much more active I am. Not just exercising but even with housework
  • fresh_start59
    Options
    I love that I don't feel guilty that I completely fell (jumped) off the wagon yesturday and today I'm right back on track. No self-recrimination just acceptance that is a first for me:happy: :noway: :bigsmile:
    I think this is a very healthy approach!

Yesterday, I was watching "Batman Begins" with my son. Something that Batman's father said stuck with me. "We fall down so we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Too often we fall down and just lay there or worse, we kick ourselves while we are down and even invite others to come along and kick some more.
  • fresh_start59
    Options
    I love that I'm thinking daily about ways I can improve my health. Having those thoughts at the forefront of my mind helps me to stay on track and set future goals.
  • demilade
    Options
    This is harder than I thought. Ummmm, today I love how I'm learning to to be so hard on myself. I don't have to be perfect or super mum. Sometimes you can't o it all.
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that today when I got from a very stressful day of work (we had inventory and not enough people to do it) I didn't even think about food. I just logged on the computer and went right to MFP. This website is my new sugar rush who would of believed that.:noway:
  • fresh_start59
    Options
    I am having a great deal of trouble with this challenge. So, I went looking for help. I plan to read the following web page once a day for the next week and then once a week afterward. (planning and doing are two different things, but we'll see):

http://www.wellbeingalignment.com/how-to-love-yourself.html

edited to add:
    I love that I am trying to love myself. ;-)