Headaches?

Options
dkmuzzy
dkmuzzy Posts: 12 Member
Hello, friends! I'm five days out (quit on Jan 1), and have been doing fairly well thus far. The most troublesome withdrawal symptom for me is awful, awful headaches. Has anyone else experienced this? How long until they go away? I've them every day since I quit, and the over-the-counter pain relievers don't help. ... Help!

Thanks,
Deanna

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I had a few headaches the first week. The trick is taking the meds before it gets bad. As soon as you feel it pop them. Alieve Migraine helped me a lot. I found mine to be linked to dehydration. Since your lungs are healing, your body returning to normal. And by now your heartbeat should be lowering, which means blood is being pumped through your body slower and your body absorbing more O2, so you are using more water. Try keeping to 6 ounces at least a day...that helped me. If the head aches get too bad then consider going to your doctor. They might be able to prescribe you migraine meds to help, just make sure you tell them that you got it as a symptom of quitting smoking.
  • dkmuzzy
    dkmuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    DEHYDRATION! I didn't even think of that. Pardon me, while I run and get a glass of water... :-) Thanks so much for your input; I appreciate it!