How's your day?

Options
Primalgal
Primalgal Posts: 598 Member
Hi Everyone!

I thought maybe it would be helpful to have a thread where we could pop in and leave a quick(or long) comment about our day. Either what you have planned, what happened during the day or just pop in to say Hi! Let's try to make this a daily check in!

As for me, I have to miss Boot Camp this morning because I have to go for my CPR & First Aid Recert this morning at 7. :-(
I'll be back to Boot Camp tomorrow morning at 5:45.

I'm down another 2 lbs this morning for a total of 5 lbs after 2 days of Attack! I know its mostly water, but I'm loving seeing the scale go down. Today will be my first day at work since starting Dukan. I have a bag of food ready to take along. Cans of tuna & salmon, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt. I think I'm all set.

Let's get to know each other by way of this thread. What's happening with you?

Lori

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am traveling on business today, I have my dukan friendly snacks packed and will have my dukan breakfast before I go.

I will do my Barre 3 day 1 of the 28 day challenge tonight at the hotel.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am on the first day of Cruise (rebooting) and was delighted to finally have salad again. Felt like a gourmet meal at lunch!
    I haven't weighed myself as I only weigh myself Fridays and forgot this time round. Also, the last time I did Dukan I did not lose anything in the Attack Phase, but only a few days into the Cruise phase so am guessing this will be similar.
    Tomorrow I have to go to a seminar all day and am dreading getting stupid comments because I will be on pure protein. Perhaps I will find a quiet corner somewhere and ignore stupid comments.
  • Primalgal
    Options
    I know what you mean about being delighted to have salad! I'm SO looking forward to Saturday....my first PV day!

Lori
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning!

I'm up early to head to boot camp at 5:45. I get up at 4:30 so I can have a cup of coffee and ease into my day. Crazy, I know!

Down another pound for a total of 6 lbs in 3 days of Attack! I'm just hoping it doesn't all come rushing back the minute I add veggies to my diet. I know there may be a bit of a rebound, but I hope not too much.

Busy day at work with all the year end reports coming in. I'll be happy if it's busy....makes the day go faster.

Have a great Dukan day!

Lori
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Up and finished my barre 3 and looking forward to another stabization dukan day! Remeber your health comes first!
  • Jenifa72
    Jenifa72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a headache! It's I just started day 2 of my Attack and my head is pounding. I know it will pass. I just have to really push to get my exercise in. Glad to be in the group.
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Drink lots of water Jen! You can do it!!

Lori
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am doing a re-doing attack phase (4 day). I started Dukan right before the holidays and lost 8 lbs. Somehow could not keep myself committed on certain days. Back on it for a quick attack.

Please feel free to add (I keep my food journal open and I accept those who do the same ;-)
    Cheers!
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Depending on how crazy a eater you were before you could be suffering a little from sugar wothdrawal. It's in nearly every carb, not just desserts. Drink much more water when you crave and remember you don't have to be stingy with the protein.
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Good morning friends!

Day 5 on Attack coming up! Scale was only down 1/2 lb this morning, but that's 6.5 lbs in 4 days!! It's funny...I went to Boot camp yesterday and burned mega calories and lost less. That happens all the time. I guess your muscles hold on to some water when you've put them through a tough workout.

Things are kind of boring at work. Some of the reports are delayed till Thursday or Friday so today will be a lot of sitting around waiting. Thank goodness for the internet!

Ok...have to do some stretching before Boot camp. Have a good day everyone!

Lori
  • baileybourne
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm on day 2 of Attack, first weigh in 2.8lbs lost :-)
    Enjoyed the challenge yesterday and am raring to go after today's weigh in, just hope it continues.
    I also woke with a terrible headache today Jenifa, I felt like i'd been drinking heavily last night!! I drank about 2.5 litres yesterday (Decaf coffee, decaf tea, weak orange squash and diet coke)
    I'm off sick from work with a bug so am finding it hard to exercise so am trying to go up and down the stairs as often as I can (Not a problem with needing to pee every 5 mins lol!)
    I keep my diary open if anyone wants to befriend me, I mostly use my phone which doesn't access the boards very well so tend to only post on the board occasionally.

Sara
  • smoodgelly
    smoodgelly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi can I join? I lost 1 1/2 stone on Dukan a couple of years ago & have maintained with a healthy diet & exercise since (in the main!) I relax during school hols & usually put on a few lbs but have put on a few extras this Christmas & would like to lose 7lbs for a beach hol at half term in feb. Have been eating 'sensibly' since new year but not much happening so back on attack today! I am also donig 6w6p. Would value the support & new friends, good luck everyone!
  • ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello, another newbie here. I started attack on Monday and am scheduled for 5 days of it. Should I really only do 5 days? We're off skiing at the end of next week and part of me would really like to stay on it for 10 days in the hope that my ski pants aren't quite so snug lol.

I'm down 3lbs since Monday :-)

Sarah
  • Primalgal
    Options
    It is so great to see more and more people joining in!! Love it!!!

Boot camp was awful this morning. Abs & Quads......ACK! I may not be able to get up from a chair by tomorrow! ;-)

Anyone can feel free to friend me as well. I'll be here for the long term since I have a lot of weight to shift.

Have a great day!

Lori
  • DontWant2BeFatand40
    Options
    New to this board too (not to Dukan) End of day 2 on attack, scales showed a 4lb loss this morning!!! That's the great thing about Dukan is that this early quick weightloss spurs me on...

I agree with the water, I have attempted attack phase a couple of times and given up due to the headache and nausea. This time I am overloading with water and I feel fine. Tired but fine! Although very tired and having trouble sleeping (never usually have trouble sleeping at all).

Hoping for a 1-2 pound loss tomorrow to get me a 5/6lb loss in attack phase. Then just another 10 or 11 lbs to true weight.... It can't be this easy surely?!
  • smoodgelly
    Options
    Everyone's doing so well! I have failed my 1st day & had green beans, a bit of fennel & a teeny bit of mayo, otherwise super strict. I have just been on the scales & it's still looking like I'll have no loss tomorrow. Sooo frustrating! Usually a good day like today would really kick start some loss. Re sleeping, I find I sink into such a deep sleep & it takes me a while to come round. Also have found after initial adjustments I have much more energy so stick with it. Another yes to the extra water. I keep a big bottle in the fridge so that I can track how much I've had. Good luck everyone.
  • baileybourne
    Options
    Day 3, 4.2lbs lost but I feel terrible :-(
    Am drinking plenty, over 2.5l yesterday.
  • ForbiddenFruit
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon :-(

I need to take my car to be serviced and am taking the dog with me as I'll be walking back. It's round the back of the golf course and we've not walked it for months as it's all been underwater around here. Fingers crossed it's clear otherwise what should be a 3-4 mile walk could end up being considerably longer if I have to back track and find a different way lol.

Day 4 and I feel ok. No weight loss this morning though :-(
  • smoodgelly
    Options
    Poor you Bailey:( Hope you pick up today. Try to focus on the good you're doing beating those carb cravings to stop you sabotaging all the hard work, & keep drinking!
    I'm a lb down this morning. Finding it hard to be super strict (so long since I did attack!) & had a 1/4 grated apple & a tea spoon of drie fruit in my oatbran. Should be a good exercise input anyway FF! Have a good day everyone
  • ForbiddenFruit
    Options
    Walked 4 1/2 miles according to my Fitbit. It wasn't an easy walk either as we've had so much rain here for so many months that it was very boggy. I was wading through mud but Beth (Labrador) absolutely loved it and had a brilliant time bog snorkelling and generally being a loon lol. The book says only to do 20 minutes of walking but I generally do more than that every day walking Beth anyway so I'm assuming it doesn't harm to do more?

I feel tired now and I've got no students this afternoon so I'm contemplating lunch and a soak in the bath.

How's everyone doing?