Daily (or Weekly) Check In

Options

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    AFM, yesterday I went over my calories, went way over my carbs and way over my sugar so generally not a good day. So today, I'm only having carbs for breakfast and snack # 1. Lunch, dinner and snack # 2 will be meat and veggies only.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well! I often will cheat a little on weekends, but I've been trying so hard not to and it's paying off! Started the challenge at 140lbs. This morning I weighed in at 137.6! Yay!

Keep pushing everyone! It might seem hard now, but you'll get used to it quickly and you'll be so thankful you did!
  • MelK129
    MelK129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am feeling great - down 2 pounds this week - I am eating low carb and doing 2 different workout programs - a couch to 10K and insanity - next week I will add in 2 Zumba classes. I hope everyone is having a great week also. Add me - LOL
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got home from work last night and the flu hit me. Cold, hot, achey, more cold, couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm at work today, but I feel aweful. My fever is down (last night was high), but it's completely dependent on how much Tylenol I have in my system hour to hour. I can't afford the co-pay for my doctor, can't afford to get motrin (which would be better) or an prescription. I wonder if I crawl under my desk and take a nap if anyone would notice. *pout*
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think we should check in here to just say how the process is going, how we're getting on with our challenges, workouts, if we're having a bad day, etc. What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea.............week 1 of challenge going good....focusing mainly on getting walks/workouts in. that is where
    i need to step it up as i lost the first half of my weight with changing my eating habits only.......now i have plateau-ed so hoping
    with added excercise and this challenge i can get past where im at :)
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Back on it. Did 2 workouts Body pump and spin. Getting my water in and feeling fine
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day so I had to be more careful with my meals. I ended up having carbs in the morning only and then the rest of the day was meat and vegetables. Yay me! Today I plan to surpass my protein goal, let's see how that goes.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ok. .so things are going well. .I've shed 3 lbs since Sunday! (I know it might not be real. . but I've got my fingers crossed) .

I went to Carrabas for dinner on Wednesday and ordered the Filet and ate JUST the Filet. .no mashed potatoes, no french fries, etc.. It filled me up too. . Restaurants in america give us way too much food. .

I've exercised every day except Wednesday and my body aches. . but it's a good ache!. .

I'm finally moving in the right direction and I feel good.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Ok. .so things are going well. .I've shed 3 lbs since Sunday! (I know it might not be real. . but I've got my fingers crossed) .

I went to Carrabas for dinner on Wednesday and ordered the Filet and ate JUST the Filet. .no mashed potatoes, no french fries, etc.. It filled me up too. . Restaurants in america give us way too much food. .

I've exercised every day except Wednesday and my body aches. . but it's a good ache!. .

I'm finally moving in the right direction and I feel good.

In Jamaica it's the same, they give you a ton of rice (or other carb), way too many calories. Because of that I hardly eat out now. When I do, I always ask for just a salad with my meat.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The past few days have been a little tough for me because it's my time of the month (or as I like to call it, "Shark Week"). Been really tired and spacey, but I'm still pushing myself forward. The diet is going well and I got in a decent workout last night, but I lowered the intensity a little. Today I'll take it easy, catch up on some housework, and put together my meal plan for next week.

I hope everyone has had a good week! Enjoy the weekend!
  • sher71481
    Options
    So this is my first week back at losing weight after gaining almost all of the 90 lbs back that i lost! .....I'm not doing it because it's the new year because i started on the 6th which i'm thrilled about because i didn't want it to be a resolution (i fail miserably at those) I am doing it because I want to become pregnant, be healthy, and happy with myself!

I did really well this week! I have been unable to exercise due to a pinched nerve that is KILLING me! (on steroids now for it) I am going to start lifting and strength with my fiance though and i have stayed within a great calorie range all week made some really wonderful choices when faced with them!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Finally made it back to the gym today for Zumba. oldest got sick on sunday night, then myself and my youngest got sick tuesday night. Been a loooong week. Spent yesterday and today cleaning and de-germing the house. lol
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    To all those who had a tough week, remember to not let it get you down, just keep pressing on.

Last night was horrid for me, I was doing so well during the day but then ended up buying KFC for dinner. My advice to others: always have a backup plan. I had planned to buy steam roasted fish for dinner from this great place that prepares it but we got there too early and they hadn't started making it as yet. Bf and I were starving though so we couldn't wait and headed for KFC instead :sad: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY???? I did try to make the best of a bad situation though: I ate a chicken breast with the skin removed and skipped on the fries.
  • Lifestyle_change_get_fit
    Options
    Hello everyone!

As the first week come to a end and the second week begins I feel GREAT:) and Im ready for 2nd week challenge. I will also be doing a weekly weigh-in so i'm excited to see if i dropped any pounds.

Everyone is welcome to ad me on here and i also have a instagram: mrswalker_4ever
  • vera3625
    vera3625 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi i'm vera. i started this challenge but i took ill last week. i'm back and ready!
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am loving this challenge so far! Week 1 was awesome, and I am geared up and ready to go this week!
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my workout a little bit ago. I've only been at this for two weeks, but I'm already seeing changes. Two weeks ago, I could barely do 12 crunches (8 was about my limit, but I forced myself to do a few more). Today, I managed to crank out 36 crunches, and while my ab muscles were screaming afterward, I was so happy. I haven't been able to do that much since I was probably a teenager. I love being able to see some sort of result this soon - I have too much weight on me to notice any changes in size or shape yet, but seeing how much stronger I'm getting is great motivation. :D
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Today was a good day for me. Had carbs for breakfast and lunch but meat and veggies for dinner. Also, did my last workout in NROL break-in. Starting fat loss 1 tomorrow.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    *sigh* the first week was awful on me. I managed the no-sugar thing just fine, and even noticed that when I increased my cals a bit I lost weight. The crap was all in my head and that's just as bad as anything else. Super intelligent me, I went ice skating (for the first time) for two hours Sunday, followed by meeting with le Personal Trainer yesterday, and trying out that Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video (free on YouTube~) this morning.

I am a somewhat optimistic world of hurt.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @Shik - Wow! That's awesome, can't imagine how many calories you burned!

AFM, I've found some extra motivation. Found another female on here doing the original NROL and all of a sudden I feel extra pumped to work out. We've decided to message each other daily to check up and offer any support...such a great idea. In terms of food, I'm still eating my 2000+ calories, can't wait to see how it affects my weight when I weigh in this weekend.